Beat Fire with Fire

Izuku felt a strange tension between Todoroki and himself, but he didn't know why. "Hey, Todoroki. Is everything alright?" Izuku asked the candy cane haired boy as the two stood in a small hallway. "Midoriya, be honest with me. What is your watch?" Todoroki asked the wielder who began to sweat from his brow.

"What'cha mean, it helps me control my quirk." Izuku told him, but the boy didn't buy it."No, it's strange. Just can't put my finger on it." Todoroki said, carefully looking at the Omnitrix but sighed and left Izuku, who let out his own sigh of relief. 'Close.' Izuku thought to himself, he feared that if people found out the truth about the Omnitrix and therefore other planets that the aliens that had moved to earth would be persecuted and killed.

"May Izuku Midoriya and Shoto Todoroki, please make their ways to the arena." Cementoss said over the intercom, and Izuku walked towards the arena, but his path was soon blocked by the no.2 hero and Todoroki's father, Endeavor. "Um, Hi, Endeavor." Izuku said, confused as to why the no.2 hero was blocking his path.

"I just want you to know that my son will win this fight with you." Endeavor informed Izuku, and the boy moved slowly around the flaming hero "Sure he will." Then ran towards the arena with Endeavor looking towards him as he ran.

"Please welcome the boy that can turn into 10. Izuku Midoriya!" Pres. Mic introduced Izuku onto the arena. "He has more than 10 transformations." Aizawa told Pres. Mic and the loud mouthed hero ignored his insomniac co-star and introduced Todoroki onto the stage. "And now, the boy that's got a heart of ice. Shoto Todoroki!"

The two stared at each other intensly as Midnight walked onto her own little stand to look over the combatants and asked, "Are the fighters ready?" Both of them nodded, Izuku opened the Omnitrix and changed the hologram to Heatblast. "Then... Let the fight, Begin!" Midnight shouted, cracking down her whip onto the ground. Izuku transformed into the living star and melted a pillar of ice that was launched at him.

 Izuku transformed into the living star and melted a pillar of ice that was launched at him

"Todoroki! I gotta ask you something. Why don't you use your fire?" Izuku asked him."I don't want to be like him." Todoroki said, firing another pillar of ice at Izuku, but like before, it was melted by the intensity of Izuku's heat as he charged forward and burst into the air leaving scorch marks on the ground.

"What? You think holding yourself back will make you not like him. You don't accept yourself to go against your dad, but that's stupid." Izuku told Todoroki as he flew above the boy who let out a glacier of ice, but Izuku fired a beam of flames, melting it. "If you really want to go against your dad! Use your fire! It's not his, but yours!" Izuku shouted, landing in the arena once again.

It seemed to Izuku that what he had said had clicked in Todoroki's head as a wall of flames burst from his body, surprising the Omnitrix wielder who then smiled and said "Atta boy!".

"Thank you, Midoriya." Todoroki said."You can thank me at the end of our fight!" Izuku shouted at him, and the two heard a cry from the stands."SHOTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" They both looked up to see Endeavor, but both ignored him and charged at each other.

Izuku charged OFA through his body, and the flames coming off Izuku began to glow green. "LET'S TURN UP THE HEAT!!!" Izuku shouted, and both approached the other with an intent to be victorious, but only one would succeed. Walls of cement and slumber mist blocked the way of the attacks, but...

The power of the two was so great that even heroes in the stands were being blown away by the immense strength shown by the two. "Woah! I think someone just flew out the arena!" Mina shouted as she held onto the seat in front of her for her dear life.

Someone had been blown out, a little boy who had been watching the event, and thankfully, he was caught by Mt. Lady.

Ash and mist hid the two contestants, but although the mist hadn't gone away, the Victor was clear when they all saw a green flash of light.

Izuku had won.

Once the mist and ash went, Izuku stood in the middle of the arena with Todoroki in his arms. He put down the ice-fire boy and fell back onto his butt and then smiled, "What a great fight!".

The crowd remained silent before a huge cry of victory lit up the whole place, and Izuku smiled again. "Glad everyone thought the same." Izuku spoke through his smile and saw two robots picking up Todoroki to send him to the Recovery Girls office. "Hope you thought it was great as well, Todoroki."

He stood up and brushed the dust off his legs and left the arena. "Everyone, please wait while we clean up the debris and make sure you are all safe." Midnight told the crowd through her microphone as the boy that caused all this destruction left to go to the stands.

"Wow! I didn't know you and Todoroki were that strong!" Mina told Izuku, who smiled and told her,"Thanks!". "Midoriya, your flames turned green? How?" Gwen asked Izuku, but the boy shrugged his shoulders. He knew why, because of OFA, but he wanted to keep it a secret, Gwen already knew about the Omnitrix and what it really is and didn't need her knowing about OFA as well.

"My,My. The Midoriya boy has a power that even makes him stronger than him. Perhaps he can pose more of a challenge than the last wielder."

Chapter end