04

I waited for the doctor to come with Haru's report

I waited for the doctor to come with Haru's report. This morning, I got a call from doctor. He wanted to discuss something about her health. I left haru with Mrs Lee as there wasn't any need of her.

I saw doctor coming with her report as he sat infront of me and I felt my heart beat fastened.

"Did you thought about what I told you that day." He paused before escaping a sigh.

"Look Ms Kim, I know you must be thinking why I am talking about the same thing again and again because these few months I noticed that haru had been having difficulty in dialysis and it's pretty obvious because she's just a small child. I get it that you're a single mother and it's hard for you to manage that large sum of money but it's already been an year so please prepare yourself for her surgery" He explained and I couldn't help but to feel tensed.

I did thought about that but it's not only about what i think, her surgery needed money. And the money i get from my job wasn't enough for the surgery. I felt my eyes brimming with tears thinking about all that. She had a kidney disease and needed kidney transplant. I too was unaware about all this until a year ago when she started showing some symptoms.

God!! Please help me. How I'm gonna manage everything.

I was about to broke into tears but got pulled back from my thoughts when I heard doctor calling my name.

"Miss Kim?" Wiping off my tears, I looked at him.

"Yes?"

"Are you okay?" He looked at me with concerning eyes as I nodded my head. He too nodded and continued to tell me about Haru's condition but my mind was occupied with the thought of how I was going to manage that big amount of money.

I bowed to the doctor and left his cabin with heavy heart. I felt so helpless. I didn't even had anyone from whom I could ask anything. It was just me and my baby, alone, in this whole world. I didn't realised when tears started flowing down my eyes.

Looking around, I saw I was on the road but that didn't stop me to go where my steps were taking me. A chuckle left my mouth when I saw my reflection on the glass of the showroom, where I stopped.

I looked a mess, I looked pathetic. But why it always had to be me? What did i do to deserve all this? Did I not deserve a peaceful life, where I could be happy with my baby? Leave me alone, what did that child did to deserve all this? I broke down, not caring about my surroundings and few people, who were watching me with their pathetic gaze. But did I gave a damn? NO.

I finally got up as I looked at my reflection. I failed as sister but I wasn't going to fail as a mother. Wiping off my tear with the back on my hand.

I took a deep breath and fixed my messed self. It's only you for you, y/n. No one is going to help you. All these people who are giving you these pathetic look were going to back off in the end. Encouraging myself with these words, I made my way further when my phone started ringing.