New friends?

ROMANCE DAWN

Hayashi Sora was singing a sea shanty, unsurprisingly, by the sea. Or close enough. She was sat on the dock strumming a guitar. Unaware she was late for work. "Sora!" An Irish accent rang out. After years of spending time with the man she had a twinge of his accent mixed with hers. Although many would say it sounded the same, they believed otherwise.

She continued singing about the pirate kings secret treasure, or what many people know it as, the one piece. "Sora! Stop singing and get to work!" The man shouted waddling over. The old man had started to grey and age faster than he liked.

"Harold! How lovely to see you!" She said, playing with the tuners on her guitar.

"Stop trying to make it sound better, Sora. It's older than me and ready to fall apart." The man said, hoisting her up by the back of her neck.

"Like you." She smiled innocently. The man glared, she realised what she had said and the smile turned more grim. Quickly she ran off to the bakery, as his hands went to throttle her.

"Sorry." She said, smacking into someone. She must of knocked his hat off to because he yelled about it. Oh well, she couldn't control what fell and what it didn't.

Luckily she had lived in Shells town long enough to reach the bakery fast enough. She even had a customer waiting, tapping her foot impatiently. "Hello! Sorry no one was here before, now i am. What would you like?" Sora said, her smile growing.

"Where would you find the most marines, other than just in the base." The girl with orange hair asked, taken aback by Sora's happy nature.

"Oh well, that would be the bar. Just take three lefts, a right, straight forward for 10 paces, take a abrupt right, jump over the wall and take about five paces forward then you'll be there. That's the shortcut of course." The girl grinned, talking through the steps speedily. The orange haired girl looked stricken. "I can show you, if you want. My boss will kill me, but, I think he might be doing that either way." Sora said about to jump over the desk.

"No. I got it." The girl answered, abruptly walking out the shop. Sora gave it a few minutes before the girl walked back in defeated and angry. "You can come. No talking. No asking."

"How can I ask if I can't talk?" Sora asked grabbing a small satchel and spinning the sign round to closed.

"You just did both, now. Show the way." The orange haired girl, rolled her eyes. Sora nodded, whilst hypothetically zipping her mouth closed.

"We're here." Sora announced, walking in.

"Where are you going?" The orange haired girl asked, questioning why she was also going in the bar. The girl in question spun round signifying her lips being sealed. "But you just-. Whatever."

Sora leant against a large column as the girl grabbed two shots. "Can I get you a drink?" A marine asked as the taller girl sat on the ridge of the column.

Sora looked at him and nodded, but the taller girl put her hand in front stopping her from walking off. "Too tall." She said.

Sora looked at her, quickly apologising to the man. "Hey, I-" Before she could ask for the girls name she walked off with some old man. "Hmm. She's a weird one." Sora nodded to herself.

"So do you still want a drink?" The man asked.

"No thanks." Sora grinned, walking to the bar alone. She wasn't that much of a fan of marines, not matter if he was fit.

She heard a clang of a sword and spun her heard to see Helmeppo begin to fight some green haired man. "Oh, come on, tough guy. Three swords?" He let a childish laugh. God she hated him. He almost made Harold kick her out and threatened to close the bakery. "I only need one." He struck at the stranger, who easily stopped him. And hit him, without even taking a sword out Helmeppo dropped to the floor.