Coup D'état

"So all we have to do is find Rod Riess and we'll find Eren?" Mikasa asked.

"Yes," Levi said.

"Yeah, find Eren..." Lando said. "After he gets kidnapped again.... Over and over and over and over and over again."

Mikasa was about to say something back but Hange beat her to it.

"Let's go return the prisoner Lando." She said,

Lando and Hange walked down the stairs and grabbed the guy who was out, not dead. They dragged him back into the holding cell where the other MP was and threw him on the bed.

"What did you do to him?!" The MP yelled looking at the man missing his fingers.

"The same thing would've happened to you if you were in that room," Lando said. "Be grateful."

The MP who was in the cell started to cry and was choking out the MP asleep.

"You betrayed the king!" The MP said in tears.

Hange ran in there and threw the man off him.

"What's done is done!" Hange said. "If you were in that room you would've spilled everything too!"

Hange got the man to calm down and while walking out of the cell said.

"This is all your fault, we had a plan and you had to blow it up and almost kill someone."

"We are running on borrowed time with Eren," Lando said. "I got the information in half the time you did."

"You got it but at what cost?" Hange asked.

"No cost is too great for humanity." Lando lied.

Hange walked up the stairs while Lando stayed down there, he slumped his back against the wall and slid down it slowly with a sigh.

"I didn't get the information for humanity or even Eren." Lando thought. "I just wanted to make Dad proud in some weird way, who am I kidding? Someone proud of me for torturing someone? What was I thinking?"

Lando was broken out of his thoughts by a loud crash coming from upstairs.

"Probably just Hange breaking stuff." He thought with a smile.

Lando took out his journal and drew the scene of him sitting alone on the cold floor in a dark dungeon with the sound of the muffled crying of an MP.

"This role of ours...." Lando heard an MP say. "There's an order to it. When the role is done another steps in to start the act again. And thus, the world can never be rid of it. Good luck scouts."

Upstairs.

Hange had just kicked the table over as Levi was walking down the stairs, they had an awkward silence where they stared at each other for a few seconds.

"Sorry...I made a mess." Hange said. "There was a cockroach."

"I see," Levi said. "Just one kick of yours should've blasted it to bits. It's about time you fill them in, where's Lando?"

"Still down there," Hange said.

"I'll go get him," Levi said.

Levi walked down the stairs to the dungeon when he turned the corner and saw Lando sitting there drawing in his journal.

"Lando," Levi asked.

Lando turned his head and nodded at him.

"Let's go, Hange is talking to the others," Levi said.