The Basement.

It was the day after Armin's injection and he still hadn't woken up yet, Lando sat on a rooftop eating some military ration that was brown and tasted like nothing but it kept his stomach fed. The remaining Scouts fought through the night cleaning up the rest of the Titans. Now they were basically waiting around for Armin to wake up so they could check what was inside Eren's basement.

Green smoke arose from the sky.

Everybody rushed over to see how Armin was doing except Lando who took his sweet time.

Lando scaled the wall with his ODM gear, once he got to the top he saw everybody crowded around Armin.

"Are you telling me..." Armin said. "The Scout Regiment...is the ten of us here...and that's it?"

"For the time being," Jean said. "The fighting ended four hours ago. We've been looking for survivors, but...none...yet."

"S-So, we managed to seal the walls of Shiganshina. But Reiner, the Beast Titan, and one other one escaped. Berthold was captured...Then...there was a dispute...about using the injection on Commander Erwin or me...And I...turned into a Titan and ate B-Berthold..." Armin was saying before throwing up in his mouth, Jean handed him some water.

"Here," he said.

Armin grabbed the water and started to chug it until he was satisfied.

"Why... did you pick me?" Armin asked. "No, matter how you look at it, wasn't Commander Erwin the right one to bring back? Captain! Why did you give me the injection?"

"Tsk." Levi sneered.

Levi then kicked Eren in the back.

"I told you to tell him everything," Levi said. "The thing is, it seems your two friends here don't think that way. They stood up to me...Prepared to draw blood. I might've been dead if Lando didn't stop Mikasa."

"Huh?" Armin asked, confused.

"We'll take whatever punishment comes," Eren said.

"You'll be disciplined for insubordination, but...does taking the punishment allow you to do anything?" Hange asked.

"No..." Eren said.

"However...The final decision to choose you was mine. No...I chose this to be the place where Erwin dies."

"I don't understand..." Armin said. "There's no way it's okay to let Erwin die...If the commander is gone how...how will we go on?"

"I agree. I thought it should've been used on Erwin...if we're being brutally honest. No...it's a shame we were put in that position...Anyways, Erwin entrusted Levi with the decision to use it. And Levi ended up choosing you. There's nothing more to say. Erwin's life and a Titan's power rest on your shoulders. No matter what anyone says, that's part of who you are now, Armin." Hange said.

"Does that mean...I need to be...Erwin's replacement?" Armin asked. "No way...I can't..."

"Don't get me wrong," Levi said. "You'll never be Erwin's replacement as Lando already explained."

"Where is Lando?" Jean asked. "I just saw him."

Levi turned around and looked as did everyone else and Lando wasn't nowhere to be seen.

Levi facepalmed and sighed before returning to explain to Armin.

"But...I know you have a strength that nobody else has but you. I won't regret my decision. However..." Levi put his hands on Mikasa and Eren heads. "Don't make these guys regret it. Nor anyone else. And don't regret it yourself, either. That is your mission."