Chapter 11

It's been a while since Omer and Kıvılcım arrived to the hospital. The doctors took care of her the whole time. Nothing was known. Omer was very nervous and concerned about the lack of information about the condition of his wife and child. The rest of the family found out what had happened, but Omer asked them to stay home. More minutes passed and nobody left the room where Kıvılcım was. He went to the one of the nurses, but she didn't know anything. He didn't know what to do. The longer he waited, the more convinced he was that something happened to the child and worst of all, Kıvılcım. Cimen called Omer in the meantime to find out about the condition of the mother and child, but he couldn't give her specific information. It's been an hour since they got to the hospital, and the doctor finally came out. Omer immediately ran up to him. He wiped the tears from his cheeks and start talking with him.

Omer: What about the baby and my wife?

Doctor: It was very hard, but we managed to save the baby. The bleeding was dangerous and if you'd arrived a few moments later, the baby would've been dead. Your wife is asleep now. She was given painkillers. She's very strong, but now she has to lie in bed until the baby will born. Another situation like this could end badly for her, too.

Omer felt sick. Barely stood on his feet. He was a little relieved to hear that the child was all right, but he was scared about Kıvılcım.

Omer: What do you mean, she's supposed to be in bed until the baby will born?

Doctor: The situation was dangerous for both of them. We did everything we could to stabilize their condition.

Omer: Thank You very much.

Doctor: You're welcome. Remember what I said. Rest is one thing, but also no stress.

Omer: I'll remember. Can I go to her?

Doctor: Yes.

Omer went to the room where Kıvılcım lies. When he saw her, he started cry. He could have lost them both. He wouldn't survive that. He went up to her bed, touched her stomach and kissed her forehead. After a while, he sat down in the chair and grabbed her hand. Then he started crying more and more. He couldn't stop. He loves her very much and never wants her to be in pain. But now he can't do anything but wait. He was with her all night. He couldn't leave her.

.......................

In the morning Kıvılcım woke up. She looked around the room and saw Omer sleeping on the chair next to her. She smiled as much as she could. She tried to sit down, but everything hurt her. Omer immediately woke up after Kıvılcım made a sound of pain. He approached to her and hugged her.

Omer: Darling, you're awake. I'm so happy!

Kıvılcım: What about the baby?

Omer: Everything is alright. [he said it with tears in his eyes]

Kıvılcım touched her stomach and began to cry. She was glad the baby was alive. What happened last night really scared her. They both held hands and enjoyed the moment.

Omer: I was afraid I would lose both of you ...

Kıvılcım: My love, please don't worry. We're here with you ... almost. [she looked at her belly and smiled]

Omer: I love you.

Kıvılcım: Me too. Will you help me sit down?

Omer: Of course.

Omer grabbed her hand and helped her sit down. He put pillows under her back to make her more comfortable.

Omer: Are you still in pain?