Chapter 20

Both Kıvılcım and Omer had a sleepless night. Ali cried all night. Kıvılcım problem with feeding has returned. She also cried. She was helpless. They looked for milk for baby. Omer tried his best to help Kıvılcım. He was worried.

Kıvılcım: Same again. [said crying]

Omer: Again?

Kıvılcım: I had the same situation at the hospital.

Omer: Eeeeee ... calm down, my love. I'll go to the kitchen and find some milk for Ali.

Kıvılcım: Okay. I'll try to put him down.

Omer went to the kitchen to get some milk. It took him some time. Ali cried all the time. Kıvılcım tried to calm him down, but the baby still cried. After Omer made milk for Ali, he came to their bedroom.

Omer: I'm here.

Kıvılcım: Give me a bottle.

Omer: No, honey. You go to bed, I'll feed our son.

Kıvılcım: I don't want to sleep.

Omer: You need to rest. You're on your feet all the time. You must have the strength to feed Ali again.

Kıvılcım looked at him and smiled.

Kıvılcım: I'm glad to have you.

Omer: Me too.

Kıvılcım went to bed. Omer took Ali in his arms and went to sit with him on the bed. He put him in his arms and put the bottle in his mouth. He started eating right away. There was silence. Kıvılcım watched them. Omer kept saying things to Ali and smiling the whole time. Kıvılcım approached them and rested her head on Omer's shoulder.

Kıvılcım: It's good that he eat.

Omer: Soon you'll be able to feed him. Tomorrow we'll go to the hospital and have the doctor see what's going on.

Kıvılcım: Fine.

They hear a knock on the door.

Metehan: Can we come in?

Kıvılcım: Sure. Why aren't you sleeping?

Cimen: We couldn't sleep, and we heard our brother crying. We came to see if everything was okay.

Omer: As you can see, someone got hungry in the middle of the night.

Everybody started laughing.

Metehan: He picked the perfect time.

Kıvılcım: Definitely. [she smiled]

Cimen: We can sit with you. Unless you want to go to bed right after you feed Ali.

Kıvılcım: I don't think we're gonna get any sleep tonight, so we'd love to have you sit with us.

Omer: I agree.

Metehan looked at Kıvılcım.

Metehan: How are feel?

Kıvılcım: Better. I have to get used to the new reality.

Cimen: Remember, you can count on our help.

Omer: We know. Thank You very much.

Metehan: You're welcome. Grandma got back home together with Alev, so now we're here with you.

Kıvılcım: What about university?

Metehan: Relax, we'll handle everything.

Cimen: That's right.