Chapter 39

3 weeks later:

During these three weeks, Kıvılcım rested a lot. She went to work twice a week for two hours. Omer and Sonmez helped her a lot. Metehan and Cimen have a long break between semesters at university and have gone to Canada to visit Leman and Kayhan.

Kıvılcım and Omer went to the hospital. Today they're supposed to find out the gender of the baby. The risk of miscarriage has passed. Pregnancy is not at risk. They're both happy.

Omer: Finally! I can't wait.

Kıvılcım: Me too. We've waited a long time for this moment.

Omer: I'm excited.

Kıvılcım: Darling, your hands are shaking. Calm down.

She laughed and put her hands on his.

Omer: I can't. It's because of these emotions.

Kıvılcım: You're acting like a little child.

Omer: There's gonna be a girl. I feel it.

Kıvılcım: Last time I said it was gonna be a girl, and Ali was born. I think we're gonna have a son.

Omer: A few more minutes and we'll know.

...

They went into the doctor's office. Esra [her doctor] told her to lie down and roll up her shirt. Omer stood next to Kıvılcım. He was holding her hand. Omer put his other hand on her head. Esra started the ultrasound examination.

Esra: Now I can officially say that your baby is healthy. There's no risk of miscarriage. The baby develops properly.

Omer: Ufffffff.

Kıvılcım: I am very happy!

Esra: You're at 13 weeks. Do you want to know the gender of your child today, or are you waiting for the next visit?

Kıvılcım: Today.

Esra: Okay. Wait a minute.

Esra looked closely at the monitor.

Esra: So, ... it's a girl. Congratulations!

Omer: It's a girl! We're gonna have a daughter.

Kıvılcım: Yes!

They both cried. Omer kissed her on the lips.

Omer: I love you!

Kıvılcım: I love you too!

Esra: Here's the paper. Wipe your stomach and sit in the chair. We will discuss the plan for further action.

They both sat down opposite the doctor.

Esra: Like I said, everything is fine. There's nothing to worry about. You need to keep taking your vitamins. I'm gonna want you to come back next week for a blood draw. I want to make sure it's okay.

Kıvılcım: Okay.

Esra: Do you have any questions?

Omer: No. Darling?