Chapter 16

Kartal family house:

Cemal is slowly trying to implement his plan. As he told his son, the first 'target' will be his enemy's wife, Kıvılcım. In the meantime, he will use Cimen to realize his plan. Murat is not positive about the idea but he doesn't want to oppose his father. He does everything he says because he knows that this tender is very important to his father.

Cemal: Tell me, how did Omer's wife react to you?

Murat: At first, she didn't like the fact that I was with Cimen even though we'd known each other for three weeks.

Cemal: And later? Did she say something?

Murat: No, but she asked a lot of questions.

Cemal: That's normal. She just met you. You must always make a good impression on her. You have to do everything you can to make her like you and trust you.

Murat: What about her husband?

Cemal: I'll take care of it. [he smiled]

Murat: Ok. So what am I supposed to do?

Cemal: When are you meeting Cimen?

Murat: We have a class at the university tomorrow.

Cemal: Good. You tell her you want to talk to her mom to explain that you don't want to do anything wrong. You'll also say you like Cimen a lot and so on.

Murat: Ok.

KıvMer house:

Cimen came home after a few hours. She went straight to her room. Kıvılcım breathed a sigh of relief when she saw her daughter at home. She wanted to talk to her as soon as possible. Kıvılcım went upstairs to Cimen's room. She knocked on the door.

Cimen: Yes?

Kıvılcım: It's me. Can I come in?

Cimen: Of course.

Kıvılcım: I called you the whole time, but you didn't answer your phone. I was worried.

Cimen: Murat and I went for a walk. I wanted to talk to him after lunch. I muted the phone so no one would bother us.

Kıvılcım: Oh, Cimen... I was so afraid something had happened to you.

Cimen grabbed her hand.

Cimen: I'm sorry, mom. I didn't mean to upset you. I just wanted to be alone with Murat for a while.

Kıvılcım: Okay, but next time, at least text me.

Cimen: Fine.

Kıvılcım hugged Cimen.

Cimen: I love you so much, mom.

Kıvılcım: I love you too, darling.

Cimen: By the way, how is my brother?

Kıvılcım: Very good.

Cimen: How are you feeling?

Kıvılcım: It used to be better. I'm very tired.

Cimen: It'll be over soon.

Kıvılcım: Ha, I'd love to. After the birth, it'll be even worse. [she laughed]

Cimen: I don't understand.

Kıvılcım: Getting up to the baby at night to feed them. Then I'll be tired.

Cimen: Well... life. [she smiled]