Chapter 24

Alev and Kıvılcım return home. Alev is smiling all the time. Kıvılcım looks at her thoughtfully.

Kıvılcım: What?

Alev: Nothing ...

Kıvılcım: Why are you smiling like that?

Alev: How was the conversation with Omer?

Kıvılcım turned her head towards the window and smiled.

Kıvılcım: Ha, that's the thing. You and Omer are plotting behind my back.

Alev: Oh, come on. He asked me for a favor. I won't refuse my brother-in-law.

Kıvılcım: Well, well, well ...

Alev: Okay, okay. Speak!

Kıvılcım: He called Ipek.

Alev: WHAT!?

Kıvılcım: She and Omer are friends. Ipek has a husband and a son.

Alev: Do you believe that?

Kıvılcım: She said she'd never cheat on her husband.

Alev: Saying and doing are two different things.

Kıvılcım: I know, but... somehow I believe it. Although it's not easy for me. And Omer needs to do more to get me to forgive him.

Alev laughed.

Alev: He is in trouble.

Kıvılcım: Well ... [she smiled]

When Kıvılcım entered the house she immediately went to the room. Ali slept in a crib. She walked up to him and looked at him with a smile. Meanwhile, Metehan returned home. Cimen had a few more hours of classes at the university. Metehan put his backpack down to the room where he slept, washed his hands and went to the room where Ali was. He opened the door slowly and went inside. He saw Kıvılcım at the cradle. He walked up to her and smiled. They were both standing and staring at little Ali. Metehan whispered to Kıvılcım.

Metehan: Where were you this morning?

Kıvılcım: How to say it ... I was in the park and 'accidentally' met Omer.

Metehan: 'Accidentally'. I understand.

Metehan smiled and raised his eyebrows up.

Kıvılcım: What?

Metehan: Nothing. What he wanted?

Kıvılcım: Talk.

Metehan: And?

Kıvılcım: We shouldn't be talking about this.

Metehan: I'm not a little kid anymore. You can tell me.

Kıvılcım: He called Ipek and she explained everything. She has a husband and a son. She wouldn't betray him.

Metehan: Do you believe her?

Kıvılcım: At first it was an abstraction for me, but a moment later I realized that she was sincere.

Metehan: So there's nothing between them?

Kıvılcım: They're friends and that's it.

Metehan: Good. So you made up?

She smiled.

Kıvıclım: Not exactly.

Metehan: What again?

Kıvılcım: Nothing. I won't forgive him that easily. He has to try to get me to forgive him.