Chapter III

On a wooden platform, lines of lights formed two bright circles. This was the Sixis Island. A man carrying three katanas, two black and one white, entered the double circle. He lit up a match to put fire to two of the candles. The man was praying in front of them before opening his eyes. "You can come out", the man with three earrings said. After he spoke, someone entered the circle too.

"People often visit shrines to light candles for those they've lost", the individual stated. He had a red ruff and the number 7 on his left cheek. "Who are yours for?", the man wearing red asked. "This one is for someone I knew a long time ago", the green haired man replied.

"And the other?", the number 7 man questioned. The man with golden earrings took his time before answering. "You've been following me for three days", he ignored his wondering before standing up and turning around. "What do you want?", he demanded. "You can call me Mr. 7", replied the man wearing red. "I represent an organization known as Baroque Works". He held up a black card with a skull and wings engraved in it. "We are interested in your unique set of skills, pirate hunter Roronoa Zoro".

"What are you? Some band of assassins?", Zoro asked. "We are much, much more", Mr. 7 replied with a smirk. "You should know it's a high honor to be asked to join our ranks", he bragged. "Kind of got my own thing going on", the green haired respond, declining the offer. He turned his back to the other man.

"Membership would make you even more invincible, more feared", Mr. 7 tried to convince the three blades carrier. "Does it come with a free face tattoo?", he mocked uninterested. "My favorite is Number 1", he added, flipping the man in a ruff off.

Silence reigned for some time as Zoro went back to honoring the candles. "To turn down Baroque Works is to forfeit your life", Mr. 7 furrowed his eyebrows. "If they were that serious, they should've sent someone better than Number 7", Zoro remarked. The man in red took two long swords out and, in a yell, went to slash the green haired one in the back but he blocked the swords with one of the two black katanas, even if it wasn't fully unsheathed.

Mr. 7 backed away, and Zoro pushed the blade back in its sheath. The two swords fighter went on with another attack that his opponent easily dodged, again and again. After some more avoiding, Zoro took out his two black katanas and started attacking. In one move, he had blown out all the lights, except his two candles. The fight continued, quickly ending after Zoro had made two horizontal cuts in Mr. 7's stomach.

He dropped dead on the ground and Zoro sighed, putting out the two remaining flames with one swift slash.

"That look on Alvida's face", Koby laughed as he was rowing on one of the life boats under a sunny sky. "I've never seen anyone stand up to her before", he told Luffy. "Shouldn't have mess with you", he replied. "How did you stretch like that?", the glasses boy mentioned the earlier fight.

"It's kind of a long story"

Shanks was checking on Luffy's wound. It had two stitches. "At least you didn't get your eye", he told the young boy. "I was aiming for it, but I missed", he responded, annoyed. The red head pulled on the thread to tighten it. "Ow!", Luffy whined. "I thought you said you were tough", Shanks said. "I am!", the boy protested. The man in the straw hat chopped the excess of treads off. "Don't stitch it too good. I want everyone to see my scar", the kid told Shanks.

"Scars don't make the man, Luffy", he reasoned. "It's the lesson behind the scar, and you didn't earn this one", he tapped on the child's cheek. "Then let me earn it. I'll be the best pirate ever", he tried to convince him again. "Look, I've been practicing what my face is gonna look like on my wanted poster", he made a funny face with gritted teeth and furrowed eyebrows.