Chapter XIV

The wheel kept spinning and Cabaji kept throwing knives at it, luckily missing Zoro who seemed unfazed. "You really don't fear death, do you?" the clown enquired.

"No. I just don't fear you", Zoro replied, his eyes closed from boredom. Cabaji threw another dagger at the wheel, this time right above the swordsman's wrist. The rope was cut at the same time. It wasn't enough to make the rope fall, but to weaken the knot.

"You know, I'm gonna enjoy this", Cabaji stepped closer. "As soon as Capitain Buggy's finished with you, you're mine."

"Uh, tempting as that sounds, I'm not sticking around", Zoro provoked. "Really? Got somewhere else to be?" Cabaji sarcastically asked.

Nami was still picking the lock and (y/n) found a colourful umbrella. It had lacework at the ends and the overall was a mix of multiple fabrics with different colours and patterns.

"Didn't use to think so," Zoro answered. "But Luffy changed that," he added.

"That simpleton in a straw hat," Cabaji mocked. "Don't tell me you actually believe in him."

"I don't need to. He believes in himself," Zoro explained "It rubs off." Cabaji laughed in his face. "And one more thing," he continued, moving his wrist so the blade cut more of the rope. "Don't turn around," he warned.

Still laughing, Cabaji turned around and Zoro freed his hand. At the same time, (y/n), who had crawled out of her hiding spot, hit the clown in the guts with the umbrella, backed by Nami. Zoro took him in a headlock, choking him.

"Yes!" (Y/n) quietly cheered, hurrying to the three plushies, now being able to cut the light string with her scissors.

Nami cut the ropes around the other wrist of the bounty hunter while Cabaji fell to the ground, knocked out. Zoro walked to his katanas, quickly followed by (y/n) with the three plushies safely installed in her bag.

"What's the plan?" Zoro asked Nami while (y/n) spun the now open umbrella on her shoulder. Nami picked up her stick. "You do have a plan, right? That's your thing, plans."

"I say, we beat the hell out of every clown we see", Nami ended her sentence with a chuckle. She jolted the stick forward and it spread from both ends. "Nice umbrella, by the way."

"I know!" (Y/n) squealed "and it's perfect to beat some freaks out." She spun on her heels and ran to where Cabaji first came from. "Let's go!"

Luffy was drowning in a tank slowly filling itself with sea water. On the other side of the glass was Buggy, bending to be face to face with the young pirate.

"You want out? You know the price you have to pay," the clown said, wanting the map Luffy had choked up.

Slowly, Luffy tapped on the glass, pointing to behind Buggy. He turned around, only to be met by Nami who threw her weapon to the tank. The impact caused small cracks to form.

The stick bounced back to the woman and the glass tank's cracks expend. Buggy was looking around, pissed. "Where are my freaks?", he shouted.

(Y/n) walked in the circus, her newly found umbrella on her shoulder. She was followed by Zoro who spoke sternly "They're not coming."

The glass finally shattered and the water flowed out. Luffy slipped out of the tank. If it wasn't for the sea water, (y/n) would have gladly ran to his side.

The boy coughed out the water, and eventually the map. Buggy, who had been thrown to the floor, frustratedly tried to get back up but he quickly noticed the map.

"My map!" He grunted.

"My hat," Luffy pleaded as he saw the straw hat not so far from him.

Both men crawled for their respective treasures. Buggy stood up laughing unbelievably as he held the cylinder containing the map in his hands. Luffy held protectively his precious hat.

Zoro, Nami and (y/n) walked closer to the duo, circling the clown. "You want a piece of me? Let's see what you got", he threatened.

Zoro quickly slashed his head off, but it reconnected to the pirate's body. The same happened for his torso and arms as they floated in the air before becoming once again the same body.

Buggy laughed cruelly and (y/n) scrunched her nose in disgust. "What the what...?" She whispered.

"Surprise, shithead!" Buggy mocked the swordsman and he laughed. Zoro backed away, returning to the two girls' side. Buggy deconstructed his body, parts floating and rotating around.

The trio got back to back, forming a triangle. Zoro had his two katanas by his side, Nami had her stick steady in her hands and (y/n) held the umbrella out like a sword, opening her shoulder bag, in case.

Body parts circled them and Zoro spoke up. "How am I supposed to slice a guy who's already in pieces?" he asked. "This is not part of the plan", Nami said. "This is creepy," (y/n) shivered.

No matter how they tried to attack, no hit landed on the common target. Luffy could only watch while Zoro got punched by a flying fist. Nami got kicked and (y/n) blocked the attack by opening the umbrella at the last second.

After the trio got beaten by the clown, he reconstructed his body then looked at the boy holding his straw hat. "Would you look at that? Someone escaped my tank of Doom," Buggy spoke in a show-like manner.

"Well, I'll be back to finish you off. Right after I tear apart your sad excuse for a crew," he yelled angrily then laughed.

Zoro and Nami were slowly getting up as (y/n) shakily held her weapon in a protective stance, not wanting any of her new friends to get hurt.

Zoro's hand reached the small girl's shoulder. "We're going to be fine, alright?" He said seriously. "I'm not letting anything happen to you."

At the same time, Luffy faced Buggy on the scene. "You can dump seawater on me, and I'll let it slide," the boy said, putting on his straw hat while Buggy frowned.

"But don't you ever threaten my friends", he warned. His fist clenched and he threw it forward, his arm extended and created a hole in Buggy's abdomen. Sadly, the body part the pirate lost came back and he was perfectly fine. Buggy winked at Luffy, clicking his tongue.

"So you really want to die first?" Buggy questioned, pulling out the daggers he held in between each fingers in both hands. "Be my guest."

________________________

HEYYY

remember that exam i got on The Matrix?

we have a project to do now. guess what it is?

We have to write a fan fiction on it

(the teacher said it's not a fanfic, only a fictional story from the Matrix universe)
(i don't wanna hear it)

i'm not kidding we had subjects to choose from and we have to tell it in a video and send it to the teacher

I WON'T MAKE IT ALIVE

i chose to do Mouse's backstory

please send me courage

I hope you had/will have a good day <333

Words: 1200