Chapter VII

"Do you have any idea what you're doing", the tangerine haired woman whispered aggressively as she came up to the boy. "Looking for that Morgan guy's office. Map's there, right?" Luffy answered, walking mindlessly in the base.

Both watched their surroundings and, as the woman was looking away, Luffy spotted a door and decided to open it. The girl kept walking but quickly noticed she was alone. She turned around rapidly and when she saw Luffy, she pushed them both inside so they wouldn't get caught.

Two Marines walked past the door, Luffy and the woman going unnoticed as they looked through the rectangular hole in the door. Once the duo was far enough, Luffy opened the door precariously and the two thieves exited the room.

"That's your plan?" the woman asked, annoyed at the reckless boy. "Just walk into Axe-Morgan's office and ask him for the map?"

"I may have to fight him for it. Why do they call him Axe-Hand anyway?" Luffy questioned. "You are going to get us both caught if you keep stomping around this place", the girl warned. "We need a plan", she exclaimed.

Luffy's previous question was answered rather quickly as the said Axe-Morgan turned around the corner right in front of them. Luffy noticed the axe he had as a hand. Connecting the dots, he let out a soft "Ah! Axe-Hand" while the woman was standing straight and visibly nervous.

"I should have never followed you!" (Y/n) exclaimed as she and Zoro faced another dead end. "At this rate, we're still going to be here after the sun sets!"

"You're being dramatic" Zoro replied and (y/n) scoffed. Turning on her heels, the young girl looked at the teddy bear in her arms and asked "Do you have an idea of where the others are?"

Boar scratched his fluffy head with his stuffed hand. He then jumped off the girl's hands and did a lot of incoherent movements.

Zoro eyed the stuffed animal, looking confused. However, (y/n) seemed to understand perfectly. "It's not that big of a deal if you don't know exactly how to get there. It will be better than Zoro either way."

The bear shrugged his shoulder and turned around, walking to the presumed place where the duo's gears are. (Y/n) was fast to follow Boar. Zoro muttered "I'm not going to question that" before going the same way as the other two.

Helmeppo looked closely at a portrait of himself with sunglasses. He held Zoro's katana in his hand. He then walked to a corner of his room where a bit too many mirrors were set.

He unsheathed the blade and posed naked in front of the mirrors, pretending to be in a fight.

Light suddenly came into the room and Zoro stood in the entrance. Fortunately, he had asked (y/n) to stay in the hallway previously.

Scared, Helmeppo grabbed a stuffed animal that sat on a table near to hide. Luckily, it wasn't any of (y/n's) friends since they were on a higher shelf, facing the wall to not see the awful sight.

Helmeppo's breath was fast as he watched at the swordsman scaredly as he walked up to him. Zoro took his katana from the blonde man's hand. "Are you going to kill me?"Helmeppo asked, his voice shaking. "Oh no"

"I've got something much worse in mind."

When Zoro walked out of the room, (y/n) stood up and immediately saw her shoulder bag with all her things in it being held out to her. "Thank you so much! You're not that useless after all."

The bag was happily snatched out from Zoro's hand. "Are you always like this?", he asked.

"Like what?", (y/n) answered innocently. "Never mind", he murmured as he began to walk away. The young girl followed after him.

"Didn't you say that you should have never followed me?", Zoro remarked as he heard the small footsteps next to him. "Hey, I don't want you lost again", (y/n) teased as she adjusted the bag on her shoulder.

The tangerine haired girl was fast again to find an excuse as she said "Captain Morgan, sir, I was just escorting this prisoner to the brig."

"He was arrested for causing a disturbance in the square", she added, finalizing her story. "Yeah", Luffy intervened. "Prisoner"

Morgan got closer to the girl, inspecting her face. "I've never seen you before", he told her, suspicious. "I'm a transfer from the 77th, sir", she lied again.

The Marine placed his axe-hand under the woman's chin threateningly. "What's your name, Private?"

"Nami, sir", she answered, inhaling sharply. "I put in a request to serve under your command."

Morgan, happy with the answer, took the axe away from Nami's neck. "Wise choice", he told her. "I expect great things from you", he added with a hoping but threatening voice.

"Yeah. She's the best!" Luffy agreed, hitting her shoulder. Morgan looked over at the boy. "I-I mean, she's the best of the worst. I hate the Marines", he explained, trying to fool the man like Nami did.

Morgan looked back at the woman who shook her head and put on a smile. "Carry on", the Marine ordered before walking off, pushing Luffy by doing so.

The duo looked at each other, Luffy smiling brightly. "That was amazing. Admit it. We do make a pretty good team." Nami pointed her finger at the boy, scolding him. "We are not a team."

She then returned to her main task and walked away. "Whatever you say", Luffy said, following after her.

"Now all we have to do is figure out a way to get into Axe-Man's office", Luffy explained but Nami stopped him by putting her hand on his chest. She looked right then left before showing him a key chain in her palm.

"Are those his keys?", Luffy asked as Nami closed her hand around them. "Oh! How'd you do that?", he questioned further excitedly. The woman sighed before admitting. "I'm a thief."

She again began to walk away, Luffy right behind her. "Ah. You know, you're really good at thieving and a good talker too. You should think about joining my pirate crew", he proposed.

As soon as he told her that, she turned to him, pinning him to the wall. "Let's get one thing straight. I am never joining anything with you", Nami said sternly. "I hate pirates. Hate them!"

She angrily got off him and continued to walk to her destination. Even after he got talked to that way, Luffy was smiling. He walked behind her again. "That's because you don't know me yet."

________________________

Hello!!

Chapter shorter than usual (sorry) BUT! Since I don't have school this week, I am going to make more chapters (Yayy)

Next chapter will be (y/n's) first fight that I will write so here are some info that I'm too lazy to incorporate in the story:

About (y/n's) power! As you know, she ate a devil fruit.
I have really no idea on what to call it :,)
Here are some clarifications! Her powers permits her to make plushies she makes/has a strong emotional attachment to come to life
If the stuffed animal and her have a strong emotional attachment, (y/n) will feel the pain if the stuffed animal is hurt

Now, for the interaction with (y/n)
I know that some actions in the story so far doesn't really makes sense (example: Morgan tying her to the wooden thingy)
I had really no other idea that I liked to make her join the main plot so BEAR WITH IT

As I write this, the story has 2.55k views and 102 stars thingy

AUGHHH THANK YOU SOOO MUCH

ILYSM

words: 1302