Chapter X

The sun had set and Nami was still on the deck, doing her best to crack the safe's code. Bored out of her mind, (y/n) had found a way to get on the mast to look at the sea while Luffy was fooling around, hanging upside down from the boom.

Looking up to the dark haired boy, Nami scolded "Can you not do... that?"

Luffy held his straw hat for it not to fall. "Sorry. It's hard to sit still", he excused and then his hat fell off.

"It's true!" (Y/n) added. "I've never been on a boat before and the waves are always making it tilt left and right. How can you sit without moving in those conditions? I almost fell, twice."

Luffy let go from the boom and landed successfully on the deck getting his hat back. "I'm feeling so... so pirate-y."

"Yeah? Well, you're gonna end up feeling watery if I have to throw you overboard", Nami treathend. "I told you I needed absolute silence."

"I know. I know." Luffy blabbered, walking around the deck. "Absolute silence", he repeated. "It's just that," he started, getting on the bowsprit "this is my first real pirate score. Can you believe that?"

"Yeah, I can, because you told me right after you asked me, yet again, to join your crew", Nami reminded him in a sharp tone. "We do make a pretty good team", Luffy repeated. In the meanwhile, (y/n) was trying to get off the mast with some real struggles.

While Nami was still trying to crack the code, her ear on the safe to hear better the clicks of the wheels, Luffy went and put his ear on Nami's in hopes to hear the sounds through her ear.

Annoyed, Nami stopped turning the wheel and Luffy spoke in a quiet voice "is it open yet?"

"No. And can you please give me some quiet and some space?" Nami said, pushing Luffy away. By doing so, the boy's hat went flying out of the boat. Luffy ran after it as it was a precious object to him.

He managed to catch it before it was lost at sea. "Hey", Luffy turned around, frowning. "Not cool. Don't mess with my hat."

"Why do you care so much about that old thing anyway?" Nami questioned. "It looks like you fished it out of the trash."

"One man's trash is another man's treasure", Luffy quoted and (y/n) fell on the deck. "I'm fine!" She claimed, jumping to her feet.

At the same time, Zoro, who was sleeping in the cabin, groaned. "Will you three knock it off? I'm trying to take a nap."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Were we interrupting your beauty sleep?" Nami sarcastically replied. "You sleep all the time", (y/n) rolled her eyes and sat next to her plushies. "Don't like what you see? Look away"

A couple of seconds after Nami returned to the lock picking, the lock emitted a thud. She gasped silently and pulled away from the safe. Luffy approached as Nami was about to open it and (y/n) watched from the other side of the boat.

"You did it!" Luffy exclaimed as Nami lifted the small door. The safe revealed not gold or diamonds but only a cylinder and a couple of papers. Nami picked the cylinder up and closed the safe. She popped off the lid and took a rolled map out.

She unrolled the map, all of her attention on it. (Y/n) sighed "I hoped that there would be shiny jewelry in it..." Zoro agreed "That's it? Isn't there supposed to be gold inside a safe? Or jewels?"

"This is more valuable than gold. It's knowledge", Nami explained, frustrated. "But it's not as shiny, and you can't wear it to add on pretty clothing", (y/n) pouted, taking out of her bag the little red dress she had finished earlier. It would have looked thousands times better with rubies, she thought.

"This is a map to the Grand Line", Nami added. "The Grand Line", Luffy repeated enthusiastically. "The Grand Line is just right...", he began as he looked at the map. "Where is it exactly?"

"You're going to the Grand Line and you don't know where it is?" Nami asked, incredulous. "Guess I need a navigator on my crew."

"The seas are divided into four quadrants", Nami explained, tracing a circle with a chalk on a table in the cabin. "East Blue, North Blue, West, South", she added as she wrote the first letter of each, the four of them forming a square inside the circle. She then separated the circle in two with two wiggly lines. North and West on one side and Est and South on the opposite.

"This thin strip of land that circles the globe is called the Red Line", Nami continued as the two men listened. (Y/n) was next to them, doodling with another chalk on the table.

Nami drew another line perpendicular from the Red Line. "And this band across the middle in the Grand Line. A treacherous stretch of ocean with bigger islands, bigger cities, bigger pirates. Flush with riches and ripe for the picking"

"And that's where we're gonna find the One Piece", Luffy affirmed. "I've taken out a lot of pirates looking for that thing", Zoro commented. "What is it? Like, a big diamond or something?"

"It's Gold Roger's treasure", Luffy informed. "He hid it somewhere in the Grand Line. All in one piece."

"It's a myth", Nami debated. "The reason no one's found it in 22 years is that it doesn't exist."

"Can't wait to see the look on your face when we find it", Luffy smiled but was cut off by an explosion and red lights. (Y/n) jumped. "What's happening?" She asked urgently. "Is that the Marines?", Zoro hypothesized. "How did they find us?" Nami added.

The three adults walked out of the cabin, Zoro taking (y/n)'s as she hugged her bag where her friends were, following them.

More explosions followed the first, as fireworks above their boat. The fireworks let out a red smoke fall on the deck, filling the air. "This smoke smells weird."

Being still a kid, (y/n) was the first to take damage on this smoke as she stumbled on the ground. She was caught before her head hit the ground by Zoro but Nami had already fainted and in a matter of seconds, the swordsman too, a meter away from the two girls since he tried to walk.

Luffy rushed inside of the cabin as he went to secure the precious map. His body made out of rubber, he gulped the map, hiding it safely in his stomach.

Luffy hoist himself to the porthole, catching a glimpse of their assailant which were none other than a group of pirates, and not the Marine, judging by the skull with a clown nose on their sail.

_________________________

Helloooo

i have not much to say BUT

for those who wanted to know when i'll post new chapters, i'm going to put the dates in the conversation thing on my profile

also i don't really answer comments bc i'm scared of sounding like a psycho cuz talking to ppl stress me out 😜✌️

ANY WAY SCHOOL STARTS TOMORROW I DON'T WANNA GO

>:(

byeee

Words: 1223