Chapter XIII

Buggy's freaks had brought Zoro and Nami to some sort of storage room. Zoro had been tied to a wooden wheel and Nami was locked in a big bird cage. Across from them were tied together with light strings going up the walls. The three looked worried, (Y/n) was not here.

"Give it a rest. Those ropes are too strong, even for you", Nami complained, tired of Zoro's struggling. "I've got out of worse," he retorted.

"When (y/n) and I ran out of the tent, I... saw a town or..." Nami began to explain, remembering the harsh sight. "what was left of one after Buggy destroyed it."

"You mean, when you tried to leave us for dead and kidnap a kid?" Zoro scolded.

"We were surrounded and unarmed. You were picking a fight you couldn't win", Nami justified herself. "and I wanted to save (y/n)."

"I know your type. If there's nothing to gain, you're out"

"Says the wandering bounty hunter, trading lives for a handful of Berry," Nami fought back.

"I serve a purpose", the man replied. "Sure you do", Nami dismissed him.

"(Y/n) is nowhere to be seen because of you," Zoro blamed the thief. "Would you rather her to be here?" Nami shut him off. "If she's not with us, she's safer", she added, only to be silenced by shuffling in the far end of the room.

The walls of the tent moved, along with a rack of costumes. (Y/n) came rolling out of them. She got up, dusting herself off before looking up. "Oh, hey!"

"Speaking of the devil," Zoro ironically murmured, secretly relieved that she didn't look hurt. "What are you doing here?" Nami scolded the young girl.

"What? I told you I would come back," she brushed her off, walking to her plushies. "Very nice if you, except that you are throwing yourself in the lion's den."

"I'll be fine," (y/n) promised, doing her best to untangle the stuffed animals. "How are we getting out of here? And where's Luffy?"

"I think I can get us out of here", Nami answered. "You mean get yourself out of here", Zoro commented.

"That's fair," Nami said, keeping her cool. "But I'm going to need you to trust me."

"Just like a thief to lie to my face and ask me to believe her"

"You got any other options?" Nami argued. (Y/n) watched their bickering, not able to help much. She simply decided to keep freeing the plushies.

"Fine. Just tell us what we're gonna do," he accepted. "What we've been doing," Nami corrected. "Waiting to make sure we're alone", she added, taking something out of her sock.

"You have a lock pick?", (y/n) asked, seeing the tool. "I have four lock picks", Nami started to pick the lock. "The clowns only found three."

A silence fell upon the group, leaving the only sounds being the soft clicking of Nami's work when a scream came interrupting. All heads snapped towards the sound.

"Was that Luffy?" (Y/n) reluctantly asked in a strangled murmur. "Better work faster," Zoro hurried.

Nami kept working on the lock, Zoro was still trying to free himself from the ropes and (y/n) did her best to free Stitch and Boar while Fluff, who had been detangled a few instants ago cheered her up.

All of a sudden rustling was heard at the end of the storage room. "Someone's coming", Zoro warned.

(Y/n) jumped to her feet. "Oh no, oh no, oh no", she mumbled, hurrying to hide behind hanging fabric. If she wasn't in such a situation, she'd probably cooed over how cute of a suit it could make.

"I need more time. Keep them talking", Nami demanded. "I don't talk, I hit things", Zoro answered.

Fluff rolled itself in the light strings, pretending to be attached. It looked at Boar to know if it looked like it had never moved from its original position. Boar gladly assured it that it was fine.

(A/n: I can't remember if I gave them pronouns :,) )

A freak if Buggy came into the room, riding a monocycle. (Y/n) peaked at the exchange from under the fabric when she noticed an item on the floor. It was her shoulder bag. This was perfect.

The clown got off his unicycle and walked up to Zoro. "Remember me?" He asked threateningly.

"No", Zoro replied, straightforward. "Must be some other homicidal, unicycle-riding clown."

Enraged, the clown readied his fist and punched Zoro in the guts. (Y/n) had to cover her mouth to not blow out her cover.

"I've been thinking about you for years", the clown confessed menacingly. "About how you killed my brother."

"I killed a lot of pirates," Zoro told him. "My name is Cabaji," Buggy's freak informed. "and a couple years ago, you hunted us across the Goa Kingdom", Cabaji continued, unsheathing a blade. "Followed us for weeks through the swamp lands, day and night, never relenting like some kind of demon."

Hate dripped from Cabaji's words. Nami was also observing the scene. The clown turned his head to her, beginning to walk to her.

Zoro was quick to deceive him to do so. "Still not ringing a bell", he provoked him. Cabaji turned back around to Zoro and threw his dagger at him. It landed right above his shoulder, but he didn't flinch.

"You cut off his head, and you stuffed it in a bag, all for a few Berry", Cabaji sorrowfully told the bounty hunter. Zoro sighed, "Okay, that does sound like me."

The freak got in Zoro's face again. "Let's see if you can keep your head."

He stepped to the side of the wheel Zoro was attached to and, without a warning, began to spin it fastly. He then proceeded to throw multiple circus knives at it, luckily not hitting Zoro.

Nami was discreetly picking the lock in her back and (y/n) scanned her surroundings for a better weapon than her metal scissors.

________________________

This chapter might have came out a bit late...

ANYWAY this chapter makes me think sooo much of Marionetta
(a fabulous webcomic you can find on Webtoon) and i loooove it!!

also i'm pissed at my English teacher (i'm French and English is my second language) for giving us an exam on The Matrix

we had to know who said what

DO I LOOK LIKE IM GONNA LEARN THE WHOLE SCRIPT?

(pls put the star plsssss)

HAVE A GOOD DAY/NIGHT

Words: 1081