Chapter V

A man was sharpening a large axe. It was a sort of arm prosthetic. "I understand you sent four of my Marines to the infirmary", the man explained to Zoro. He was standing next to the blonde man from earlier and (y/n). The green haired man obviously had a lot of questions about the young girl being here. "Without drawing a blade, I might add."

The man with the metallic jaw looked at his axe-hand. "Impressive", he commented. "I didn't want to make a mess", replied Zoro nonchalantly.

"Roronoa Zoro", Morgan said, rolling his name on his tongue. "The Demon", he chuckled. "Most feared pirate hunter in the East Blue. Mmh. I'd say you live up to your reputation", he complimented.

'Why am I here, again?', (y/n) thought. She silently observed the situation. There were two windows, but it would be stupid to try and jump out of those. (A/n: *cough cough* Luffy and Nami *cough cough cough*) And then, there was the door, guarded by a little bit too much Marines for her liking. Great, it seems like she's stuck here until it ends.

"If it's all the same, I'll take my money and go", Zoro said, referring to the dead body in the sack next to him.

"You'll collect your bounty," Morgan started, walking down the few steps that distanced them. "but the penalty for assaulting a Marine is seven days strung up in the yard." The axe-handed man's eyes flickering to (y/n).

'Shoot, that's why I'm here', the (h/c) haired girl thought. "No food or water", Morgan finished. "Isn't that a big exaggerated?", (y/n) spoke up. "I'm literally a kid."

"Usually, kids don't knock out my men", Morgan told her. (Y/n) rolled her eyes. She had a plan anyway.

"You can try to arrest me, but your brat'll be the first one I kill", Zoro threatened. "Hey! He can't speak to me that way!", the ugly haircut man barked, looking at the unfazed Zoro and (y/n) who was holding back a laugh.

As he whined, he stepped forward but was stopped by his father who swung his axe at him. He backed away, tripping on his own feet and falling. He quickly got back to his feet, replacing his hair.

"I like you", Morgan smiled at Zoro. "And you, little girl, you have guts. That's great." (Y/n) raised a brow and looked at the man with the metallic jaw with disdain.

"Oh, we should be working for the same team", Morgan told them both, walking around them and placing his 'normal' hand on Zoro's shoulder. He leaned close to his ear and whispered "You'd make a hell of a Marine",

Morgan stepped away from the green haired man to look down at (y/n). "And we could teach you". "Ew. No. I would rather pull out my eyes with a rusty fork", she replied with no hesitation.

Zoro hummed before answering "Kind of got my own thing going on. Doesn't leave much time for playing dress-up".

Morgan looked away from them. "It's a shame to lose a man of your talents since you won't be able to collect a bounty at any Marine base once I get the word out", Morgan told Zoro as he walked in front of the two. "And if I were you, I would take the opportunity to have a decent life", he told (y/n).

Morgan looked at her up and down. She wasn't looking the most elegant, but still. How dare he talk to her that way?

"I'll give you both another chance. So what's it gonna be? A new career? A new life?" Morgan chuckled. "Or the yard?"

Zoro looked at (y/n) who looked at him, too. "Seven days?" He looked back at Morgan. "I could catch up on my sleep."

(Y/n) looked around at the Marines in front of the big wooden door. "Someone has a rusty fork? You know, for my eyes?"