Chapter XVI

On the front of the boat, Nami sat on a crate, peacefully analyzing the Grand Line map. "Never seen that before", she commented to herself.

"Hey, Nami", Luffy called, kneeling on the wooden planks. Getting no answer, (y/n) spoke up too. "Nami!"

"What?" She asked, annoyed. Then, Luffy and (y/n) picked up what they were doing from the ground, each taking a corner as they lifted a flag. (Y/n's) plushies took the bottom to spread it clearly.

On it was a poorly drawn skull with a straw hat. The two shared the same wide grin as they shared their creation with the woman. "And what is it?" Nami questioned, keeping her expression blank.

"Our Jolly Roger. Every pirate crew has to have one", Luffy explained proudly. "And now we do!" (Y/n) exclaimed, pulling her corner above her head, lifting Fluff, who was holding on the cloth, off the ground in the process.

"We're not a crew, and you're not hanging that on my boat", Nami said sternly, looking at the twisted picture. Right after, Zoro came out of the cabin.

Luffy turned around, (y/n) and the plushies rushed around him to show the drawing the same way they did to Nami. "Zoro! Zoro, check it out", Luffy said.

Zoro stopped in his tracks, looking at the flag, then at each of their happy faces. "That's unique", he commented. (Y/n), taking it as a compliment, high-fived her stuffed friends.

Even if she had a lot of imagination and a talent for sewing and crafting, drawing was not one of (y/n's) strengths.

Zoro walked past the five 'artists', calling to the navigator. "Nami, I think the toilet's busted."

There was a beat of silence before Nami spoke. "We don't have a toilet." Zoro looked at her. "Oh… then something back there is leaking."

"What?" Nami practically jumped off the crate, rushing inside the cabin and slamming the door. In the meantime, (y/n) chatted with Luffy. "How do you put a flag up?", she asked. "I don't know", Luffy replied.

A moment after, Nami was storming out of the cabin, getting straight to Zoro. "We're taking in water. What did you do?" she accused. "I didn't do anything", Zoro proclaimed in his usual monotone voice

"The way you're clanging those swords around all the time, you must've broken something", Nami added. "Maybe you should've stolen a better boat", Zoro replied.

Sensing the tension, Luffy broke into the argument. "Guys, guys, guys. Okay, crew meeting", he announced. "Not a crew", the two arguing adults said together.

"We're gonna need a better ship to make it to the Grand Line", Luffy ignored the two, putting the Jolly Roger down. (Y/n) did so as well. "A real pirate ship", the young girl spoke up. "Worthy of the Straw Hat Crew", Luffy added.

"Wait. Straw Hat Crew? Really?", Nami asked, raising a brow. "Yeah, I thought it had a nice ring to it", Luffy confirmed, a proud smile on his face. "'Demon' has a nice ring to it", Zoro cut in. "Headgear? Not scary."

"Who says pirates have to be scary?" Luffy protested. "The point is", (y/n) began. "We need a new ship. Where do we find ships?" she asked, looking around at the endless sea with no sign of any boat.

Nami sighed but complied, getting a map from a small box. "Our closest bet is the Gecko Islands", she informed. "We can make it there before our ship sinks. Ditch this one and get a better one", she added.

"Good. With a working toilet", Zoro sarcastically muttered. Nami gave him a look before Luffy got their attention back. "Great job, navigator."

Luffy got back to the flag before getting stopped by Nami saying "You're still not hanging that on my ship." (Y/n) complained, elbowing Luffy and whispering loudly "I told you we needed more glitter!"

"You gotta be kidding me", Zoro mumbled as he stood in front of the wanted poster. "That clown was worth 15 million Berry. We should've stuffed his head in a bag and brought it with us."

"I guess we're the clowns now", (y/n) sighed. "What Marine would pay you that bounty anyway", Luffy commented, was laying on the ground with his legs up on the wall.

Zoro looked over at Luffy who was smiling teasingly at him. "You're kind of a wanted man yourself now", he remarked. "Mmh," Zoro pounded on the thought. "Didn't think of that", he concluded.

Then, Luffy rolled not so graciously back to his feet, standing between Zoro and (y/n). "All the more reason to get to the Grand Line. Fresh start!" Luffy insisted, giving a tap on Zoro's shoulder. "Right", Zoro grumbled.

(Y/n) turned her head to see Nami approaching. "Hey! You got us a ship?", she asked excitedly, walking up to the woman. "Working on it", she assured before turning to the boy in a straw hat. "Luffy, did you push the sloop out to sea like I told you?"

"Yeah", he answered confidently. "No marines are gonna be following us here", he assured. Zoro and Nami gave each other a look before the woman spoke up again. "Well, we're not gonna be here very long. Turns out Syrup Village is known for their ship building."

"That's good news, right?" (Y/n) inquired. "Yeah, lots of options", Nami confirmed. "Well, what are we waiting for then?" Luffy said happily, walking off in a random direction.

Nami looked from Luffy to where she came from, which was where the boats were. "Uh…" she quickly went after him, (y/n) following, making sure she had everything on her, smiling after seeing the frames of her plushies in her shoulder bag. She hoisted her umbrella, also her new favorite accessory, on her shoulder while being careful not to poke anyone with it.

Zoro tore off the wanted poster, frustratedly. "Stupid clown", he mumbled before crushing the poster and throwing it to the ground, then walking behind the small group ahead.

________________________

I feel like this chapter was too short :(

BUT THAT'S BC I GOTTA STUDY FOR A HISTORY EXAM THAT'S WORTH 18% OF MY WHOLE SCHOOL YEAR AAAND AN ENGLISH EXAM WHERE I GOTTA WRITE CORRECTLY ONE-HUNDRED-AND-FREAKING-FIFTY IRREGULAR VERBS IN SIMPLE PRESENT, SIMPLE PAST, PARTICIPLE AND FRENCH IN LESS THAN SEVENTY-FIVE MINUTES

:)

anywayyy quick question: what do you think of the length of the chapters? Too short? Too long??

It would be very appreciated if you put the star thingy on this chapter and have a good day/night!!

Words: 1102