Chapter XIX

The group arrived at a giant walk-in wardrobe that almost looked like an antique shop with the expensive and exotic fabrics of the clothes and the dim light. Usopp was absent as he had sneaked to Kaya's enormous room.

Luffy was lying on a bench, looking up at the sealing where a load of dresses were hung. "Why would anyone even need this many clothes?" he pondered. "It's not about need with these people", Nami called from somewhere in the large room. "It's about want."

Luffy sat up, his gaze wandering on the outfits. "What are we even supposed to wear?"

"Anything you want. When are you going to get the opportunity to wear things this nice?", Nami answered. "Get creative", (y/n) advised as she was adjusting a black with golden touches skirt on Fluff that was the perfect size for a dress.

(Y/n) had dressed up her plushies fancily. Fluff was wearing the skirt as a dress with, on her long bunny ear, a clip with a black flower and golden accents.

Boar had a navy blue bow tie and, at its wrists, matching bracelets that went well with its brown fur.

Finally, for Stitch, (y/n) had found puffed sleeves detached from the original dress that was way too big for the stuffed cat.

The little girl had also found a beautiful outfit for the birthday dinner of Kaya, but she was more focused on the looks and comfort of her stuffed animals. However, she had found the time to tie a ribbon around her torso so her vibrant umbrella could stay on her back, reachable at any moment.

Nami then came out of a panel wearing a purplish dark blue dress with a v-neck. "Well? What do you think?" She asked the both as she did a pose but Luffy stared at her with a blank expression. "You look like Nami", he shrugged.

Nami rolled her eyes and stepped back behind the panel. (Y/n) sighed before calling "You looked nice!" to Nami, hoping that she would have heard.

The three plushies then jumped off the bench, running around while they played a game of tag. "Don't make a mess, okay?" (Y/n) called out.

(Y/n) dug her hand in her shoulder bag. After some rummaging, she pulled out a small metallic box. It was round with blue and white paint on the silvery surface.

When she opened it, there stood a tiny ballerina in a blue tutu. She blew away the dust, turning the little handle but nothing happened.

Luffy looked over at her. "What's that?" He questioned. "It's supposed to be Kaya's birthday gift but it still needs fixing", the little girl answered, spinning the ballerina manually.

Luffy narrowed his eyes. "You had a gift planned for Kaya?", he asked confusedly. "Huh… no. I found it on the ground one day and kept it."

"But since every birthday people need a little thought, I will find a way to fix it", (y/n) assured as she unclipped the bottom of the box where the mechanism was.

Zoro was passing by the dressing room but stopped in his tracks when he saw the duo. "Hey, Zoro!" Luffy exclaimed when he saw the man. "What are you gonna wear?", he questioned eagerly. Zoro looked around the room before answering "Something black."

"How edgy", Nami commented from the racks of clothes. Zoro ignored her as he stepped deeper into the room. "Hey, does that butler seem familiar to you guys?"

Nami poked her head out of the panel. "Yeah, I think he was at the last dinner party I attended", she answered sarcastically.

"I swear I've seen him somewhere", Zoro mumbled, plopping on an armchair with his swords next to him. Then, Nami stepped out of the panel proudly, wearing a black dress with a sparkly jacket.

"How's this?" she asked, striking a pose. "Still Nami", Luffy replied perplexed. "I said I'm wearing black", Zoro spoke up. "No offense, but the jacket is not going with the dress. It's too much", (y/n) criticized.

Nami looked blankly at them all. "I hate you guys", she uttered before pushing an outfit from a hanger to observe the next one.

"I feel kind of bad for Kaya" Luffy said suddenly. Nami silently disagreed as she thought that girl had everything in the world. The pirate stood up, (y/n) immediately invading the whole bench because who doesn't want extra space.

"All this stuff", Luffy walked around as he looked up at all the clothes, some even hanging from the ceiling. "All this space. It's gotta make a person feel… lonely."

"Rich people don't have the same emotions we do", Nami snapped. "This stuff doesn't make her feel lonely. It makes her feel important", she added before looking through the clothes with more frustration.

(Y/n) didn't exactly like hearing Nami say such things. She never enjoyed the idea of disliking someone, except when they really earned it (like a certain blonde Marine). Kaya never did anything bad to them for the moment.

"Well, Usopp likes her", Luffy affirmed. "And she invited us to dinner. I'm sure we can work out a way to get that ship."

"No way", Nami argued. "Rich people don't stay rich by giving things away", she added but Luffy's grin only widened as he thought of it. "You wanna bet?" he taunted.

That surely piqued Nami's interest as she stepped away from the racks. "What are the terms?", she questioned. Luffy walked up to her. "I bet I can convince Kaya to give us that ship", he explained.

"And when you can't?" Nami asked. "We go with your plan", Luffy proposed. "Steal one and move on."

"You're on", Nami extended her hand for him to shake. He did so and with a handshake, the deal was sealed.

(Y/n) had stalked up to Zoro. "Who do you think is going to win?" she whispered. "Nami", he answered in the same tone. The little girl hummed and stepped away before the shirt Nami threw at Zoro would hit her.

(Y/n) trotted back to the bench in the center of the room as Zoro picked up the black clothing, holding it in front of him. He muttered "Nice" approvingly.

________________________

Hello hello :D

Ty for the feedback ok the length of the chapter from last time ^^

For this book, i will keep the length the same for two reasons:

1- I don't have a lot of free time where i can write :/ I prefer to give you a kind of short chapter every week or so than a longer one every two thousands YEARSSSS

2- Since I wrote 1000 words chapter since the beginning of the book, I prefer to keep the same for the rest of it (PERFECTIONISM SORRY)

This means that the book will probably have a LOT of chapters 0-0

Also, CAN WE AGREE THAT JUJUTSU KAISEN IS VERY GREAT? I LOVE IT

NETFLIX, PLEASE GIVE US THE SEASON 2 IN CANADA

(the star thingy is always appreciated :) )

Words: 1181

One Piece x child!ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara