Chapter XII

"All right, listen up", Zoro spoke up. "I'm Roronoa Zoro. Drop your weapon now and I may let you live."

There was a moment of silence before Buggy started laughing. "Ladies and gentlemen, we have a celebrity in our midst. Too bad I hate sharing the spotlight."

Again with a screech, the light shifted from the four to the clown. His expression was now humorless as he eyed the swordsman. "Now, maybe we should skip right to the finale", he announced, holding in his gloved hand a blade between each finger.

"My freaks put quite a bit of rehearsal time into this little abduction. And if I can't reward them with that map..." Buggy's freaks glanced at the four, their eyes with a mischievous spark.

"I suppose I'll have to offer them a pound of flesh instead", the clown smiled wickedly. (Y/n) clung to Nami's hand in an attempt to calm down, but suddenly, she stepped forward, the young girl following.

"Wait, wait. What if I have something else to offer you?", she proposed. "Something more valuable than the map? What if I give you a new freak for your crew?"

(Y/n) looked up at the woman, confused. They had nothing, those pirates took almost everything they had.

"A rare talent. The most spectacular act in all of the East Blue. Beside you, of course", she continued.

Nami let go of (y/n's) smaller hand and stepped back, standing next to Luffy.

"Go on", Buggy said, his curiosity piqued. Right after, Nami turned to Luffy, snatching his hat away and throwing it in the hair. "Hey!" Luffy protested, caught off guard.

Every head turned upward to the hat as Luffy extended his stretchy arm to catch his hat. Nami scooped (y/n) up, making her drop her plushies that fell to the ground.

As the woman sprinted, (y/n) tried to get back to her friends. The stuffed animal started to stand up, making the crowd gasp. (Y/n) saw them getting picked up by some freaks before they were out of sight.

"What are you doing!?" The young girl exclaimed. "I am getting away", Nami replied. "I am not letting a kid's life crumble because of—"

She cut herself off once outside of the circus tent, seeing the town completely deserted and destroyed. "pirates...", she finished her sentence, letting the little girl down.

Nami walked forward, contemplating the ruined town. "Oh My God..."

Running towards her, a crew member of Buggy tackled her down. Nami fought back and (y/n) backed away. Seeing that more freaks were coming their way, she had no choice but run. "I'm sorry, Nami! I'll come back!"

(Y/n) could hear footsteps running to her so she forced her legs to go faster, taking random turns in the paths of the town. Eventually, she again turned, and when the pirates that were after her turned too, she was gone.

She had disappeared, vanished.

(Y/n) could feel her heart beating against her rib cage, her breathing trying to be as quiet as possible. She was hidden behind a coloured blanket. By chance, she had run in a circle, returning to the circus.

She heard the footsteps of those who were after her dying away. Only then she allowed herself to take deep breaths. The last time she had run that way was a long time ago.

(Y/n) stood beside Alix, holding Caleb's bag as he climbed down the sheets tied together. "Hurry up!", Alix pressed in a whisper. "I'm scared of heights", Caleb protested.

(Y/n) frowned. What heights? It was the window from the stairs between the first and second floor.

Finally, Caleb made it to the ground before the two older kids pulled in unison on the sheets until it ripped from where they had attached it on the window.

Alix said that they needed to leave the least evidence possible to cover their tracks.

The younger girl helped them hide the sheets in a bush. No one was talking, not that they could. If they did, they'd wake up the other kids, or worse: the adults.

Now, they had to get out of the orphanage's land. Alix helped (y/n) climb the fence covered in vines. It was almost impossible to see through them, even less with the dark night.

She landed on the other side and went to unlock the gates with the keys Caleb had stolen when an annoying little voice rang out. "What are you two doing here?"

(Y/n) peeked through the vines. It was a girl with blond curls and pink cheeks. She looked as pretty as cotton candy: so much that it makes you sick.

"I can't tell if you snuck out to make out or to escape. Are you still on with the adult being 'mean' to you?", she snickered

Caleb gritted his teeth. "Certainly they're treating you like a queen, your parents left you a lot of Berrys for when you'll be eighteen. All they want is your cash", he spat out.

"Or maybe it's because my parents loved me before a tragic accident. Yours only didn't want any of you. That's why they drop you off here, am I not right? Anyway, are you escaping or not?"

Caleb was about to fire back but Alix beat him to it. "How could we escape if the gates aren't unlocked?" She said, raising her voice for (y/n) to hear.

(Y/n) jumped, realizing that she had forgotten her main mission. They couldn't all climb up the fence since they needed someone to push them up. If they did that, one of them had to stay behind. She hurried to the big metallic doors, still hearing the blonde girl bragging about how she was better than both of the older kids combined.

The gates finally opened and Caleb and Alix came running to the other side. "(Y/n), run!" Alix ordered. She heard the blonde girl shout and so she ran.

And they ran for a long time.

________________________

i pictured the blond girl as Fleta from Pocket Mirror idk why

I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY EXCEPT TO NOT FORGET THE STAR TINGY THANKS BYE

Words: 1035