4.Decision

Today was extra tiring as there are exams coming up of senior classes

Today was extra tiring as there are exams coming up of senior classes. They say you can stop studying once your exams are done but for teachers they study and make others study till their exams are done every single year. If one batch is gone then the other one comes up the next year and the same pressure cycle continues. I quickly corrected each copy with concentration to make sure I didn't check anything wrong. There was this one maths copy of a student from class eleventh, which mrs.roy had given to check as she wasn't doing well. The student Abhimann Singh, his sums were solved with some different equations which made the sums look like a piece of cake . I was quite impressed by it and took a mental note to ask him on how he got the equations.

I left to pick Aadhya up from her class while rambling about how her day went. We made our way to the car and I opened the passenger door to make her sit with a forehead kiss to which she showed me her smile. I made my way to the driving seat and started driving. It was soon enough when I realised that aadu had fallen asleep while leaning onto the window. I reduced the volume a bit and drove back home.

Once we reached I unbuckled my seatbelt and made my way to aadu's seat to carry her in my arms. I had just entered when the air thickened and my taiji-tauji were sitting on the sofa while staring at me. It made me weak on my knees but I decided to keep walking  until they said the six words which made my blood cold 'we have something to talk about' .

I nodded my head and just pointed to Aadhya to indicate that I will just keep her in the room and come back. They frowned but nodded nonetheless. I went upstairs and made Aadhya lie down and pulled over the blanket over her . I kissed her cheeks and her her two soft hands and went downstairs.

I went and sat down in the sofa placed infront of them.

TW-mention of abuse

'ji boleye ' I said while fidgeting with my finger

'we have found a marriage proposal for you and have decided to marry you off ' I snapped my head up and was so taken aback to even speak up but somehow gathered the courage to mutter

'you can't do that, its my decision to take not yours' as these words came out I saw their eyes darken and taiji just got up and marched towards me and gave me a tight slap.

'you do not have any say we are not asking you but commanding you, you are not less than any burden to us . do you even know the constant humiliation we have to face when the society asks us about how a girl unmarried with a daughter are sitting in our home .be grateful you brat that  they are nice people and they agreed to accept Aadhya's also' taiji just spit venom and now I got a better understanding of the situation.

' you cannot do this for the society, they will say something on the other, tell me honestly you just want us out of the house right then why not just let us be alone'

' you know we cannot do that , more questions will come up not on you but on us on how we are rich but our legal daughter is staying in a slum because there is nothing else you can afford right' replied Tauji

'you don't know what I can afford or not atleast I am a better human than you'

There features darkened and they started at me the same way they had ten years back. the same day which completely broke me into pieces. I knew I had done a big mistake by not agreeing to what they said I should have just said a yes. Taiji came towards me and pushed me hard towards the ground while tears dared to prick my eye. if I cried it would just result in a very harsh beating so I decided to keep quite while she slapped, kicked me and thrashed me around while muttering swears directed towards me. I kept on thinking about Aadhya smiling playing with her toys give me kisses when she is taking a bath until I heard her shouting

'you will have to accept the proposal, be ready at four thirty tomorrow they will come'

ABUSE SCENE IS OVER

I frantically nodded my head and saw her smirking  before leaving. I gathered all the strength left in my body and made my way to the kitchen to grab an ice pack and headed upstairs to my room. I straight went in my bathroom after making sure aadu was asleep and grabbing a pair of clothes to change in. I saw myself in the mirror and noticed the big scar on my head which was bleeding and three to four on my back.My face red with handprints. I quickly dressed the cuts and placed the ice pack on my face  after a while I splashed my face with cold freezing water and changed my clothes and made my way out to the room.

The only question I will have to that guy would be if he would accept Aadhya like his own daughter. If he can keep my daughter happy then I would be happy too. I just hope for tomorrow to be over soon and cuddled into aadhya while sleeping.

The sunlight peeked theough my room and i woke aadhya up and made her take a bath and kept her outside while i myself took one. I remember the incident of yesterday and decided to wear something fancy and simple like a saree so that i dont have to face any other taunt coming my way .
So i decided to wear a subtle dull  pink saree with my favourite oxidised earrings and very light makeup just enough to hide the scars. I decided to tie my hair during school hours .

OUTFIT INSPO I picked up aadhya and continued with me daily routine

OUTFIT INSPO

I picked up aadhya and continued with me daily routine. We reached school and i dropped off aadhya and continued to go to my class to teach.
Once the classes were done i checked the time and realised i need to leave quickly so i packed up everything and drove back home it was already four thirty so i just opened my hair in the car and took several deep breaths and went inside to notice that the guests had already arrived .

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT <3