21. Past

TW- this chapter has some mature themes, age discrimination is advised

"raj it all started when mine and ka..Karan's first year of marriage anniversary came.Karan as in Karan Panday,my ex husband."

5 YEARS AGO

ANAYYA'S POV

It was finally been a year to our marriage. I am so excited and thrilled for today as Karan was going to confess his love for sure. We had an arranged marriage and both of us gave each other time to slowly fall in love with each other and accept each other . Taiji and Tauji had forced me to marry the first guy who had accepted the proposal.

We had been really connecting to each other and I just knew the fact that I have for surely fallen in love with him and so as he. You know that gut feeling which you always know is correct, I was feeling that way.

Karan would always be there for me and stand up for me in front of his family, get me flowers and was the perfect man I could ask for.

Today was our first marriage anniversary and I got him flowers and I wore that pretty mint green Kurti with our engagement ring adorning my finger with the pendent I got with my brown curls open and fluttering my waist.

I picked up my flowers for him and proceeded my way out to experience the best day I could sk for.

In a span of twenty minutes I reached the luxury restaurant we had decided on. The walls with the painting hung on it and the single booth was the prettiest. It was like those restaurants you see in the movies. It was just eye pleasing.

I had been waiting for 10 minutes and at this point I was getting nervous. I kept on continuously tracing and caressing my ring with my finger and I just couldn't wait anymore and my anxiousness had crept in.

When the 10 minutes had turned into 20 and into 1 hour I didn't realise and my annoyance was creeping in.It had been 2 hours that I was waiting for Karan. There is a limit to everything and he has definitely crossed it today. I had tried calling him several times but it always came up as switched off. I thought of returning back to the house but eventually decided to see his office once. What if he is too engrossed in his work and never realised or maybe forgot about it?

I entered his office and even tough i had come before today just felt wrong. Like I shouldn't be here and I should just return back home. Keeping my overthinking aside and just making my way through the cabin I heard loud noises from the meeting room .Was that a moaning sound?

"Bitch yess, keep doing it" came a groan but husky voice

Was that Karan?No it can't be right? like we are married and he would never do that but I trusted my brain and not my heart and peeked inside the room.My heart shattered and I dropped my hand from the door handle. I fully opened the door and just hoped that my eyes and my brain were for once betraying me and making me imagine things.