5 : Denoirs

Caera Denoir

“Thank you Nessa" Turning my head toward her direction, I thanked my maid for fixing my hair. Corbett said that Scythe Seris will be visiting this morning and told me to dress up.

“Then miss Caera I'll take my leave." Nessa said bowing her head to me.

“Yes you may take your leave, Thank you once again Nessa" I replied and Nessa left the room.

Walking outside my room I headed towards the dining hall where the whole Denoir blood are sitting. I'm wearing a simple dark blue dress with some black accents on the edges. I noticed that some maids are in a hurry.

“Scythe Seris is probably a few minutes away from here"

Walking down the stairs, I greeted everyone and sat on one of the empty seats leaving a few left.

Greeting me back, Everyone has to listen to Corbett's warning about not to be rude in front of my mentor. He already knows that it's common sense to do that but a warning won't do anything bad.

We waited for a few minutes until we saw a maid running towards us.

“Highlord Corbett, Scythe Seris has arrived." The maid said bowing and immediately left the dining hall.

All of us immediately stood up tidying our clothes and waited for Scythe Seris to go inside the dining room.

The door opened revealing Scythe Seris and a boy my age.

Scythe Seris is wearing her usual black dress. And the boy is wearing a whole black outfit consisting of black trousers and a black button up. The boy looks about my age but he is tall. Scythe Seris whose height is above average for women in this continent is shorter than him with about 4 to 5 inches in difference.

The boy is carrying himself with a posture only found on bloods with the highest honors and has an aura of authority around him.

“It almost feels like there is another Scythe in front of us not just Scythe Seris." I thought

“We greet Scythe Seris." We bowed and Corbett immediately spoke with Scythe Seris.

“Thank you for visiting us Scythe Seris. Can I know why you particulary requested this meeting? and who is this young man beside you?" Corbett said curious about who the boy is.

“You can call me Grey" The boy said, his voice carries authority even though he said those words with nonchalant, relaxed energy.

sighh “Can you at least introduce yourself properly." Scythe Seris beside Grey said.

“No" he responded immediately.

Everyone's eyes widened because of this. The boy, Grey is speaking with Scythe Seris casually like there's no one around them.

“If you won't do it then I will." Scythe Seris said to him and looked back at us.

“This is Grey, Grey Vritra. He is some kind of anomaly so it's hard to explain what he really is but you can think of him as my little brother from now." Scythe Seris explained shocking us again.

“Vritra? how can someone be called that when he don't even have horns?" I thought now curious about Grey even more.

We're about to bow our heads to him but he raised is hand signaking us to stop.

“And on why I'm here, I have a proposal." My mentor said walking to her chair on the opposite end and sitting on it. Following her is Grey who also sat down on Seris's left.