27 : The warning

crashhh

Grey crashed on the now burned plain of grass and Agrona didn't stop as he followed him down with a two handed slam.

The area got covered by a huge smoke of dust with ashes blending with it. The smoke cleared and revealed Agrona and Grey, still fighting each other.

These two men have fought hundreds of times already. Grey in his now fully realized 3rd phase of his dragon will, and Agrona who is still just using his unknown fiery fire and healing powers.

Grey now with his third phase can hold Agrona down on this form. But even with all of that, Grey still isn't sure how strong Agrona really is. He is an enigma, an enigma with the potential that is bound by nothing.

Grey even with the ability to control Aether with his 3rd phase, heck he even can create a pocket dimension and control by will but still can't do a serious damage to Agrona. He just heals and heals until Grey exhaust himself. This already happened more than a dozen times.

Grey who got blasted away by Agrona stood up, his purple eyes slowly turning back to his blood red indicating that he's near his limits.

“Oh my, You've been more persistent it seems."

Agrona grinned widely, clearly having fun on beating Grey up.

“Fuck this."

As Grey said those words. His eyes regained it's purplish gold hues and his white hair shined even brighter as before. Grey raised his fist into a fighting stance and glared at Agrona.

“Come."

“hehehe what a cheeky brat."

__________________

“And that would be my last report Scythe Seris. Am I allowed to go now?"

“Yes, you can now leave. And Caera, don't forget about the party tonight. You and the two are invited by the High Sovereign himself. Be sure to attend."

“I understand, Scythe Seris."

I bowed my head and left Scythe Seris's office. The party tonight, Scythe Seris didn't give me enough information but it probably is for that.

I walked quietly until I reached my room. I entered it and saw my bed full of stuffed toys ranging from the smallest possible to the biggest that is a human sized one.

I walked to the wardrobe to pick my outfit for tonight. I picked a simple black dress to fit the surroundings as I probably be with the Scythes and Retainers who always wears dark colored clothings.

The party will be held tonight at Taegrin Caelum and none of the three of us know what this party is about. But since my family, the Denoirs didn't get invited means that this isn't just some useless formality party.

It is a more serious matter. If my hunch is correct then there's only one purpose for this party. It is for the declaration of the last phase of the war.

___________________

It's a lively sunny day in the kingdom of Sapin but I'm not sure about the other countries. I am now just chilling here in my tent just trying to grab the opportunity to rest a bit. Right now I'm the one assigned to be the look out in the bay of Etistin for potential attacks from the sea.

Alacryan troops for the past two years have been lenient and all the attacks lessened significantly. Although this might seem good for some, my instincts are telling me that it is not a good thing to happen.

Without the attacks, us Lances are now just stuck with their paperworks which they are allowed not to do once it's a time of crisis but now that there are no attacks means we're all back in the office works.