21 : His potential

(Important notes at the end. And no I ain't dropping this fic)

Nico Vritra

I moved on from the previously active portal to search for the currently working one. I need to find it no matter what, after all I don't wanna be useless as I always did. Even before arriving in this world, and even after arriving here, I'm still useless as ever. Back in Dicathen, if Grey's wasn't there that time I would've been dead by now. So at least I can help him right now to lessen his burdens.

I removed my coat off my body and stored it back in my dimension ring. Not only does the coat make it hotter than hell here, it can hinder my movements with all these trees in my way. Unlike Caera or Grey who's flying, I changed my course of action opposite to theirs, finding the portal through land.

“Cecil, stop blasting everything for now. The chances of your fires hitting the portal are large. What you should do now is scan the surroundings to find the portal." I communicated via Agrona's telepathy ring, sending Cecil my message.

The rains of fire balls stopped and all I could hear were the cracklings of the fire and the sound of the trees growing back to its original position.
I augmented my legs and started to run all over the forest, dodging the constant darts flying towards me. I continued my search when something grabbed a hold of my foot making me almost lose balance. I looked at it and it was a branch from a burnt tree.

“The trees fucking moves! Watch out it may attack you." I said through telepathy. Even though I send it for everyone to hear. What I'm truly aiming for is for Cecil to hear and listen to it. Even if I'm the weakest here, I can comfortably say that Cecil is the one who has the weakest defense on us four. I burnt it with soul fire and continued on my search for the portal.

It's getting hot in here." Caera said through the ring.

“My fault, should I make it rain to stop the fire?" Cecil replied

“You can't, no matter what it is we can't afford anything to touch the portal." Grey chimed in

“I will search for it as I'm the only one capable of seeing aether here." Grey continued , then I felt his mana signature stop mid air.

Bending my head to look at him. I saw Grey activate his beastwill making golden marks appear all over his body, even on his horns. Again as always, I felt a weird energy coming out from Grey. This must be the Aether Agrona and him keep talking about.

“Cecilia, create an ice wall as long as you can 2 o'clock from where you're currently looking." Grey's voice said in my head.

Just like that, a giant wall of ice appeared out of thin air. The ice is the highest quality of ice I've ever seen. Cecilia's potency in mana control is so high even Agrona said it's something Asuras can't do unless they trained for years but Cecil achieved it in less than three months.

Flying up, I saw Grey conjure two ice walls from his place and it connected to Cecil's making a triangle shaped giant ice wall in the middle of the currently burning forest.

The portal is somewhere inside of the wall! Find it and enter immediately!" Grey shouted through our telepathy.
It sounded loud but yet, it still has the same volume in my head. Is it because it's telepathy? Back on earth it is said that your inner voice doesn't change its volume. Is it the same here too?

I froze mid air realizing that even with all these things happening around me, I'm still level headed and calm. Is it because of what Agrona secretly told me? That I have a special ability that only I in us four can do?

It may sound like another bullshit from him but no. The one he's talking about is my ability to use the same thing as him. The ability to use magic to manipulate the mind. And he also said one important fact about this body of mine and who truly this belong.

“Nico, you might be the weakest here in terms of combat but you'll be able to compensate it with your intellect. You have the potential to even surpass me. After all, you possess what used to be the former head of all the Vritra, a copy of my father's body. kukukuku"

Bastard, it's not like I'll ever become someone who can surpass a monster like you.” I said to no one and laughed before augmentating my eyes with mana. Using my mind magic, I forced my brain to let my eyes not be limited by it anymore and poured tons of mana in my right eye.

Covering my left eye to focus all the vision to my right. I began to see only black and white and soon those black and whites became lines. Looking through all the outlines of the trees, I saw a square outline being the only one different from the rest.

I immediately flew down in front of it and landed on one knee. I then felt my right eye explode inside my eye sockets. It looks like even an Asuran eye can't take that much pressure. I opened my dimension ring and drank a potion to recover some of my mana and regenerated my eyes with soul fire.

I raised my hand pointing to the sky and fired a single concentrated ball of soul fire. And just after a few seconds, the three appeared next to me. Having no time for a conversation, all of us ran towards it and entered at the same time.

//////

Agrona Vritra

Do you have any ideas why I called all of you here?" I asked all the five Scythes. Cadell, Seris, Dragoth, Melzri, and Viessa, who are all kneeling in front of me as I called them for this meeting.

Taking the silence they gave me as a no, I continued. “The Asuras have completely taken control of all of the minds of people from Dicathen, making it harder for us to make a pact with them. Even if we tell them what the Dragons did, they certainly won't listen, as all they think of us now are cold hearted barbarians who want to take control of their continent." I said as I started walking up to them slowly until I was in front of them.

“We will lessen our operations from now on. They would certainly be able to rebuild their bases and maybe loosen their guards."

“That's why I will now hereby declare that in six months we will crush Dicathen to the ground until the Dragons give up on helping them."

______
11-18-23

The plot and ending of this fic is halfway decided already. All that's left is to write them, and add some details.

I'm a highschooler so I got a lot of time in my life that's why I already have another one in my drafts.

👀👀👀👀👀

TBATE -  Divine Curse

TBATEDivine Curse

I'll upload it if this fic only has at least 20 chapters left. To those who are curious it now has 1 chapter done already. I'll leave some Easter eggs for you here to find and discover what it is on this new fic I'm working on.

That's all thank you

-The_guy_under_the_bed