Little space

Kevin

He ran away. Again. I was forced to lie to Ombra about how he had received an urgent call and he had to meet up with some business partners.

Ombra remarked on how he was a workaholic and never allowed himself time to rest.

He was not going to run away from me forever. I did not want him to do that.

I called him several times but he refuse to pick up. I went to his home but he was not there.

The club was the final place. If his presence would lack over there then I'd wait at his doorstep until he showed up.

I got to the club at eleven. I ordered one drink and took my seat at the furthest corner.

I asked on who was playing that night and unlucky me,it wasn't him.

From my position I could get a clear view of most of the club.

Three hours passed and he did not show up. Just as I was about to give up the song volume was reduced.

It was time for the show.

I decided to watch what they were putting on today before I leave for Jakes place.

The Dom walked onto stage leading the sub on a lead.

My oh my. Wasn't luck on my side.

Just when I thought I would have to spend the night at his door he shows up right infront of me.

I smiled and straightened myself.

In the middle of the play,his eyes met mine. They shifted to the floor but he quickly regained his composure.

The session did not take long but it was intense enough. He handed over the sub to her dom and left the stage.

My eyes locked on his figure as he moved last the crowd. I closely followed him. When he was about to turn,I grabbed his wrist.

"We need to talk."

He searched my face. "I'm tired. I need to rest."

"It's okay. I'll wait till you've had enough rest." He gives me a defeated sigh.

"This way." He led me on to what I assumed was his private room.

"Make it quick." He sat on the chair across me.

He was too far. Both mentally and physically but I needed him close to me.

"I want us to talk about you." No emotion was written on his face.

"What about me?"

"But you have to promise that you won't run away."

"I'm at my own place where would I run off to " he argued.

"Just please don't run away from me." I begged him.

He rolled his eyes. An action that I did not think was conscious. "Fine."

"Okay. Why did you run out on our first date?"

"What do you mean first? It's not like we had another one."

I waited for him to realize that the shopping moment was also a date. At least it was on my end.

Recognition flashed in his eyes. "Oh."

Yeah. We were in the same page.

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Now or ever?"

"Ever." My heart sunk at his statement but I knew that he'll open up some time. I just had to be safe enough for him to do so.

"Why do you fight it so much?"

"Fight what?" He acted a fool.

"Your little space." I spoke softly

His brows furrowed."Little space?"

"Yes. Even on the first day at the club,you were trying so hard to push it away. To disconnect from that part of you. Why?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"I'll explain it then." I shifted in my seat. "little space. Age regression. It's when adults enter the mindset of a child. It can be used as a stress coping mechanism and..."

"I'm not stressed." He defended.

"I'm simply explaining darling... When one has regresses,he/she like to induce in child like activities like coloring, watching cartoons and engaging in plays."

He frowns. "is that why you took me to the kids section."

My baby was NOT happy with that.

"I'm sorry if that bothered you."

"Oh it's not the only thing that bothers me." He was getting on edge.

"Right. Most littles usually have caregivers. They take..."

"I know what caregivers do!" He snapped.

"Listen,I'm not a little and I don't go into little space. I'm a grown ass man who runs his own club."

"Yes and I am very proud of you for achieving all that but..."

He stood up and pointed to the door. "...Please leave."

He needed some time to process everything. I'll give him that.

"Don't fight it."

"Just go. Please."

"I'll sleep with my phone on my pillow."

With that I left him so he could register everything.