Change Of Plans

This is to Janaeslairr is it creepy to say I miss you,haven't seen you down there in a while...i mean in the comment section.

Jake

Amazing.

Fucking brilliant.

She is the wife who has come to kill me because of messing with someone who isn't mine.

"Mr. Blackwood?"

"Yes?"

"You seem far. Anything I can help you think through?"

Nothing except your stupid husband who almost made me attached to him. Did I mention our date? No? How about the shopping date. Let's not forget the night we spent at his place all cuddled up.

Jesus. I called him when I was 'sliping' as he said it.

"It's nothing."

"You look like you need this." She said already pouring me wine.

"Oh,no thank you. I don't drink."

He settled back putting the bottle down. "Really? Well then that must be sad."

You know what's sad? The fact that I was this close to falling in love with someone else's husband.

Hold up.

Falling in love seems too quick.

I was almost liking him. Yes. That's way better.

"Let's talk about why you are here?"

"Yes. There has been a change of plans."

Whatever it was made my heart sink that I was afraid I'd fail at retrieving it.

I took a sip of the drink she had poured me. "Yes?"

"Remember you being given a month?"

How could I possibly forget.

"Well your month is over."

"Excuse me?!" I blurt out my voice slight raised. "It's been two weeks if I've been counting the days well. Or have I not been counting well?"

She chuckled. "It's not your counting that's at fault here."

Who was? "I am the one at fault?"

She shook her head,her smile never leaving her lips. In a way,she was starting to creep me out. No one ever smiles like that.

"In a way,yes."

I crossed my arms and leaned back. "And how am I at fault?"

"You didn't act fast enough."

I suppressed the urge to mimick her voice and stick my tongue out.

"Can I ask you a very personal question?"

She shouldn't mind. I mean her dressing sends the message that we are not here for anything professional.

"Go ahead,I don't mind at all."

"Do you have kids?"

Her smile widened. I did not bother to hide my frown. Never in my lifetime has a smile made me so uncomfortable.

"No. Do you want to give me one?"

I chocked on the air,my saliva and everything else that was capable of chocking me at that moment.

"Sorry." I sighed and bit on my lower lip to bite back any remark that wanted to come out.

"Any other personal questions? I would gladly answer."

"So you don't have kids. Do you want any?"

Maybe Kevin,the husband to this wonderful human being sitting across from me,wanted me as their kid.

I mean a little is basically a child.

"If I get a man,then yes."

My jaws drop. Her way of sentence formulation was not helping.

"I've read way more than I should into that."

"It's okay."

Also,no one is ever this nice.

"Are you barren?"

"Wow. You're going all in. "

"I apologize if it bothers you."

"It doesn't." Okay now she needs to stop saying suck things.

Or maybe it wasn't what she said. It was her voice. Strained,high pitched. That's not even a right description. She reminded me of those girls in cheerleading,the ones who thought they owned the whole school and everyone is supposed to be afraid of them.

Oh and the torture one goes through listening to them talk to their crushes who half of the times are in the school team. Why do they do that?

"Yes."

That explains everything.

Kevin is in a happy marriage. The wife is barren but they both want a kid. She looks like she can't bear the responsibilities of taking care of a toddler so they want a giant baby.

I audibly shriek.

"Everything alright,Mr. Blackwood?"

I stare at her in horror.

I imagined calling her mommy and regretted it immediately. The imagination was replaced by a strong urge to take my brain out of my head and throw it far away from me.

How could I possibly think of such a thing.

"What were we initially talking about?"

"Me wanting kids and-" she offered blissfully.

"No. Before all that personal stuff."

"Oh. You stepping down and me taking over."

My expression went dead pan.

So this is his game plan.

I reject him and he sends his wife?!

I'm so gonna kill him for this. Then I'll kill the lady over here.

"I'll leave you now to process everything," and she was gone.

Watching her walk away,I realized something,she had not paid her bills.

Not that I'm not a gentleman. Of course....uuurgh! I'm not justifying myself. I hate her and I don't think I should be paying for her drinks. Especially when she wants to take over my business.

Ombra walks in as soon as she disappeared.

"You look...not so happy."

"You think?"

"What happened? She seemed pleased while you,well..."

"That fucking piece of nitty pricky-" I stood up leaving my card on the table.

Ombra met me outside.

"What happened? And who exactly are we mad at?"

I ask the driver to step out and I take his place.

"Fucking Jake Blackwood! I'm talking to you. Should I be ready take care of a body?" She yelled from where I had left her.

'yes,Ombra. Be ready to get rid of a body because I'm going to kill him.'