Let me take care of you

Jake

Kevin had respected my request and left without putting up a fight. Even though it was clear he did not want to do so.

I spent the next two hours going through articles about ddlb. Half of them were pics of grown ups in onesies and sucking on pacifiers. Not to Shame anyone but that was disgusting to me. Okay maybe disgusting was too harsh to use for description in such a place. Let's just say I did not like it. I could not picture myself doing that. The others were filled with grown ups coloring, watching cartoons, playing with toys and other things kids are fond of.

Most of the articles I read literally described me.

I sat at the edge of my bed and sobbed. I cried because what Kevin had said was all true. I cried because of how he had pinpointed it and called me out. I cried because I had asked him to leave but now I crave his presence.

He didn't judge. His presence made me get into headspace quicker that anything else. He would know what to do. He would take care of me.

I don't know how long my breakdown took before I reached for my phone and dialled the second number on my recent list.

He picked up after the first ring.

"You okay?"

I hesitated not knowing the right words to use.

"I–" my voice broke and I covered my mouth so he would not hear the sound.

"I'm coming over." And he was gone.

I threw the phone away out of anger. He ignored me. He hung up on me and does not want to talk to me.

The door beeps and I hear footsteps.

No. Ombra cannot see me in such a mess. I make my way to the bathroom and lock th door behind me.

"Jake?" The voice called.

My heart skipped a beat. That wasn't Ombra. That was Kevin. He was here!

I could feel the excitement rise in me.

"Jaake–" he was getting closer to the bathroom door.

"Yes?" I squealed.

He knocked on the door twice.

"Is my baby boy in here?"

Silence.

"Does my baby boy want to play hide and seek?"

"Yes." I bounced a little at the thought of playing with him.

"Okay. I'll count to ten. One...two ...three...ten. Ready or not here I come."

The knob turns and he manages to open because I had removed the lock. There I was, standing and not even trying to hide.

"Baby boy. " he beamed opening his arms wide for me.

I ran into his embrace. His strong arms encircled me. I pressed myself tighter against him. He kissed the top of my head.

"Everything okay sweetie?" I shook my head.

Nothing was okay.

I place my hands on his chest and pulled myself away to look at his face. "Cuddles?" I asked softly.

"Of course baby." He picked me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist. My arms went round his neck and my head rested on the crook of his shoulder and neck.

He gently placed me on the bed.

"Why don't we get you cleaned up first then you change into something comfy." I whined but that did not stop him from getting a basin of water and a wash cloth.

"I'm going to take this off." He referred to my pants. "Are you okay with that?" I knew he was watching me closely.

Waiting to see if my words matched my reaction.

"Yes." It came out barely as a whisper.

"Thank you for allowing me to do so."

I lifted myself so he could pull out the pants with ease.

He wiped the whole of my body and I just watched him do so. I did not try to fight it. His fingers grazed my skip a couple of times. Each time he apologized for touching me by mistake.

He went to a bag that I had not noticed before and took out a pink top. He helped me put it on.

"Now it's time for cuddles." I jumped up and down while clapping. I lay on bed and he got behind me. His arms wrapped around my waist and he pulled me closer.

He kissed my hair several times and whispered. "Please let me take care of you."