His Name

Late. Again. I have no excuse so here we go.

Jake

The box stared at me. I stared back. It's been three days since it was gifted to me. Three days without Kevin texting or calling me. Was I a little mad? Maybe. I expected him to do something. I didn't ask him not to send me an email. Did he try that? No.

I thought of throwing the box out but the thing seemed to be haunting me. I wouldn't be surprised if it came back crawling to me. Or even running. I shiver a little as I think about it.

Let's open it and be done. I clear my throat rubbing my palms together.

For my boy. Those were the words written on it.

I quickly got rid of the warm feeling coming from my chest.

I opened the box,gasped and closed it in a second.

Suddenly the room felt hot. I fanned myself using my hand as I made my way to the bed.

I breathed in deeply and let air out through my nose.

'That was long ago. He is not supposed to bring it to me now. No. No.'

I stand up making my way to where the box laid. Maybe I should have thrown it out that day. But I carried it from the club back home so that said a lot.

I heaved and opened the box again. This time trying really hard not to close it.

My hands reached for the blue teddy bear because my mind told me that it was the closest one. It was soft and... beautiful.

My eyes moved to the other one remaining in the box. It was fuzzy and wearing a cute scarf. I tipped my head to the tight and smiled.

Wait. What was I smiling for. I hated this. I'm supposed to hate it.

I'm going to throw it out.

I licked duo the other one revealing a note at the bottom.

His handwriting is terrible and I should ask him to never write me a note. Ever.

Silence.

Oh. I already asked him to never reach out to me...at least I've saved my eyesight from more of this.

at least I've saved my eyesight from more of this

Its okay to love this

Its okay to love this. You are allowed to and you don't have to force yourself to not love it. Please don't fight yourself. Please.

Jokes on him because I'm not fighting anything.

I toss both of them in the bin but they gave me the cutest eyes and I had to pick them up and set them on my bed.

I did it for them and not because they made me happy. Definitely not because they were Soo cute.

The door beeped and a very disorganized Ombra walked in.

"Why are you not picking up your phone?" She looked past me. "Cute. Can I have one?" She asked already making her way to the bed.

"No!" I beat her to it, taking both of them in my arms.

"Umm...okay. Can you buy me mine then? Just like that one?" She pointed to the purple one.

"Why are you here? Not that I mind. You basically live here but..."

"Geez. I know you love me no need to go in circles about it." She clasped her hands. "So. On a scale of 1-10 how's your mood right now?"

I was never going to admit that these two friends of mine made me happy.

Talking of them,I have to find a name.

I'll sleep on that one once Ombra settles and stops talking. That's meant a little past midnight.

She snapped her fingers right infront of my face. "Hello.."

I frown stepping back. "Yeah. Yes. I'd say a two?"

"Mh. You can't kill me,right?"

"Depends on what you're about to tell me."

"Okay. So those people you don't like want to meet up with you?"

The people I don't like...

"The...?"

"Yes. Today at exactly three?' She squeaked at the end.

"Why would they send that today. Shouldn't they make like an appointment or something?"

She stepped back. "They did."

"Ombra...?"

"They sent an email like a week ago."

"A week? Are you serious?" Surprisingly I didn't scream.

It wasn't in my nature to scream but I expected myself to be mad.

"I'm sorry. I sort of forgot. Okay I didn't forget. They sent an email,joshy..." She whined. "You know I'm not a fun of reading."

"They are emails not a course book,Ombra and I pay you to do that."

"Well maybe you should increase my pay." She snapped.

I blinked. "What I mean is...?"

"I'm getting a secretary this time. I don't care what you say." I checked my watch. Only thirty minutes remaining. "I'll get ready. Leave my room."

"You can't chase me away."

"Suit yourself." I turn to the closet.

"Hey! You can't go with those cuties in there."

I laugh. "Knew you wanted me to leave them behind."

***  ***  ***  ***

The woman was dressed in a short red dress. It hugged her body tightly and I could bet my whole club that she was uncomfortable. Her heels were six inches if i remember Ombra's lessons on heels.

Whatever she was was far from professional.

Her red lipstick did not match her dress and God let me not get to the rest of her makeup.

No hate on everyone who wear makeup though. Ombra does mine sometimes when I am not going out and I swear it's better than what she has.

She went ahead and ordered a bottle of wine then asked me to order what I wanted. I politely shook my head not peeling my eyes from her face.

I was still in shock.

"Hello,Mr. Blackwood." She greeted with a smile. But her eyes remained cold.

In all honesty,I did not know this woman but she seemed to be well aware of me. And she had major issues she held against me.

"Hello..."

"Call me Melusine... Melusine Graham."

I repeated her last name in my head.

It sounded so familiar.

"Graham?"

She gave me a tight lipped smile. "Yes,"

And then it hit me.

Kevin Graham.

What should the two cuties be named???