Chapter 3

After reaching the Teerapanyakul residence, we all retired immediately to our rooms. Everyone was dead tired and no one had even an ounce of energy more to hang around.

The night was cold as usual. The winters had always been bitter with it's spine shiveringly low temperature.

As soon as we reached his room, vegas slammed the door behind me and after throwing away whatever he was wearing, hopped onto the bed and monopolised it.

"The bed is mine. Sleep wherever the hell you want, I don't care" He said nonchalantly and laid back to relax.

"Looks like he has a hypothermia kink to sleep with his clothes off like that" I whispered to myself but had clearly underestimated his 'supersonic hearing'.

"Why did you just say?" He jumped out of the bed and walked towards me with a slow pace to intimidate me.

"What did you hear?" I cross-questioned confidently tinted with a little too much audacity.

"Stop fu*king getting on my nerves" he warned me in a low voice and just by seeing his eyes I knew that he was in no mood to play.
I had always been extremely grateful to my danger sensing ability which had saved me from father's wrath at multiple occasions and at the moment too I was thankful to it for stopping me at the right time since arguing more with him would have yielded me pretty undesirable results.

"Whatever I do, whatever I wear, is none of your goddamn business, do you get it?" He inched closer to me and said in an extremely serious tone.

Just as I was about to open my mouth to say a little something, he grabbed my shoulders and bent down to get to my eye level.

"If you want to survive for a long time, then learn to keep your mouth shut" He advice-alerted me and I hummed in response to avoid any commotion.

"Good" He whispered and shoving me, went back to his bed.

Within the matter of a few seconds I heard vegas softly breathing, indicating that he had already drifted off and I was left all alone in the gloomy room wandering if the days were only going to get worst.

The sofa in the room sure was a little cramped but still almost fit me comfortably.

It's cold.
I thought to myself as I snuggled against the sofa to extract every bit of warmth that I could. My whole body was aching but the pain was giving me a different kind of reassurance that I was still alive, that I had the ability to fight against the odds and survive just as I had for my whole life.

Having known almost no one in the Teerapanyakul family, I was sceptical about my treatment in the family. I was almost sure that I wouldn't be welcomed by the members and would be ignored by them, the same way vegas did, still, there was a little hope to get along with everyone as ever since my childhood, the only thing I had ever yearned desparately for was to have a family, to have people whom I could return back to, where I could feel safe and with whom I could share a number of memories to look back at during the despondent days.

Sometime in the night, around some dark hour, my trail of thoughts faded as I passed out from all the exhaustion of the day. There was a soft wind blowing from some unknown corner of the room that was brushing past my skin making me shiver but I was too tired to look for the source in the dark or to close any windows from where the breeze could be seeping in.

Pete's POV ends.

Third person POV:

The next morning:

It was somewhere around 6:30 in the morning when Vegas got up feeling quite refreshed. But as soon as he woke up, he felt as if someone was sleeping beside him turning his mood sour. His refreshed self immediately turned grumpy and he was ready to take off all the frustration on pete for bothering him despite his repeated warnings.