Chapter 4

Third person POV:

"I am sorry" Pete's voice choked.

Tankhun gave Porsche a worried look, they weren't furious at him for ruining the plan, rather they were just concerned about his well-being. However, the young man lying on the bed seemed to have a completely different idea of the whole situation.

"What are you sorry for?" Porsche asked softly.

Even though he had always been playful and sassy, Porsche had a soft side that was aimed towards the people he cared about.

"I wrecked our plans for the day. I-I am fine, I can still go, I promise I won't be a burden.." Pete rambled but was cut short by Tankhun.

"Oih who said that the plans were wrecked? We can just stay indoors and enjoy" He said trying to lift his mood up.

"That's right, just take your medicines, and regain your health so we can watch a series like Khun suggested" Porsche agreed.

"So do you finally agree that my series serve as a better pass time?" Tankhun smirked making Porsche roll his eyes.

"The p*rn I switched on was far more interesting, heck just looking at a plain wall is more entertaining than the series you choose" He argued back strongly opposing to his claims.

"Well if you didn't fall asleep half way through the movie, your a*s wouldn't have failed to understand what was going on and you would've actually ended up enjoying it." Tankhun shrugged and looked at Porsche as if he was stating a fact that had no scope of being wrong.

"The series you chose was so boring that I couldn't resist falling asleep midway-" Porsche sarcastically smiled somewhat succeeding in his attempts to irritate Tankhun.

"Where's my tray?!" He charged towards Porsche but was immediately held back by arm and Pol. Still, he tried to atleast land one kick on Porsche but to his disappointment, he had already run away from him to another corner of the room anticipating the attack.

Even though he was confused, Pete chuckled seeing the two but almost immediately regained his composure.

Just as he was enjoying the moment, he started coughing terribly worrying the spectators in the process. Arm immediately fetched water for him and they gave him the required medicines and finally after what seemed like ages they were able to put him to sleep. His fever went up indiscriminately for the next couple of hours, until eventually a doctor had to be called to check up on him.

After a while, the doctor wrote  a prescription along with giving a number of instructions to be followed. The underlying stress and exhaustion had also contributed to the physical unfitness and owing to this pete was strictly ordered to rest for whole two days.

"I'm really alright, the doctor was exaggerating everything" He tried to explain but was shut down by Tankhun.

"Do as the doctor said, what will we do if you die of this fever?" He said making pete smile.

"Now eat up and sleep, you have to get healthy soon again so we can carry on with our plan. When you are with Tankhun, energy, don't drop, okhay? So c'mon gain as much energy as you can" Tankhun ordered and after handing him the lunch, left the room along with Porsche and the others.

The quilt sure was warm but pete's heart was feeling ever warmer. The unexpected care had given him a new hope and will to take care of himself. Up until this point in life, he had to mostly follow a set of pre-determined path and a rigid set of rules and orders all carved up intricately to make sure he wouldn't mess up the marriage deal. However, now that the wedding was done already and he was out of his father's grasp, he no longer had to follow any such thing which sure seemed pleasant to him but also made him feel completely lost. After years of living such a life, he had become accustomed to working on instructions the lack of which, made him anxious. He didn't know what was required of him to do, what was wrong and what was not, what would earn him the loathing of the family members but the familiarity that he witnessed because of the fever succeeded in dissipating atleast a portion of his countless worries.