Chapter 12

Third person POV:

Vegas came in hoping to see Pete sitting on the bed like always but found him sleeping instead. The quilt was covering him completely which made him a little worried about the risk of him getting suffocated under it.

"Will it be fine?" He thought to himself before moving to Pete's side and lifting the blanket a little, folded it to allow ventilation. His eyes fell on Pete's bandaged head and a pang of guilt instantly stung his heart. However, he still was relieved to see that it had been taken care of. He wanted to give him the medicines to relieve the pain but was somewhat afraid of facing him.

"Pete...are you sleeping" He whispered while sitting down on the bed beside him.

"Are you in pain...?" His voice choked.

But seeing how Pete did not give any reply, he concluded that he must have fallen asleep already.

"Can we talk in the morning tomorrow?" He said in an almost muted tone as he stroked the blanket gently but had to eventually get up defeated after getting no response.

Pete felt the other side of the bed dip and clenched the sheets. He did not want to talk to Vegas yet, the earlier incident had triggered some unpleasant memories in his mind making him reluctant to have anymore exchanges with him.

Right then his phone lit up and a message from Charlie popped up on the screen.

"Free in the morning?" The text read.

"Why?" He replied.

"Gotta take you to a place. Meet me at the same place near the Chang Chakkrawat square at 7:30 am. I have a surprise for you." He said.

His texts were like gentle rain to Pete after such strenuous times with Vegas. This made him lean towards him even more thus eliminating any possibility of distrust towards him.

From 'the same place near Chakkrawat' Charlie meant the same desolate lane where Pete had met Charlie's uncle for the first time.

"Got it" Pete agreed and after wishing him good night back, kept the phone away.

He woke up quite early in the morning the next day and was ready to start the day.

It was a little past 7 in the morning and contrary to his daily habit of waking up early, Vegas was still inside his blanket, sleeping like a piece of log.

Khwaeng Lumphini was around 20 minutes away from Chakkrawat, and even though the roads remained relatively empty during the early morning hours, to avoid the risk of getting late, Pete had decided to leave a little early.

( Khwaeng Lumphini: Locality of Teerpanyakul residence )

"Bye" He mumbled softly before glancing at Vegas for one last time and stepping out of the room. However, on his way, he found Porsche sitting in the casual living room while scrolling through his phone.

"You are up early" Porsche said lifting his eyes off the phone.

"Emotionally I don't think you are, but are you fine now physically?" He asked with a gentle expression.

"Well better than yesterday I guess?" Pete replied vaguely and he nodded without trying to push him anymore.

"Going somewhere?" Porsche asked seeing him all decked up.

"Ah well I have some work, I'll be back by  evening maybe?" He said and was looking somewhat hesitant.

Porsche understood his hesitation and eased it instantly.

"I'll inform him don't worry. Enjoy the day!" Porsche wished and Pete smiled back in relief. Porsche was the only person in the family that he confided the most and his solutions and advices almost never failed to relieve his troubles.