Chapter 14

Third person POV:

( Parallel to Pete's kidnapping )

Even though Vegas had decided to do his best to apologise to Pete in the morning, by the time he was up, Pete was gone already.
He looked for him around the whole house until he met Porsche who informed him that Pete was out for some work. Vegas tried to prize out more words from him but he stated that that was all that he knew.

The thought of calling Pete crossed his mind but he brushed off the thought since he wasn't sure if he would pick up his call and was also afraid of ruining his day by calling him.

"I should just wait for him to come back." He thought to himself as he slumped back on the bed feeling a little agitated.

At night:

The clock struck 10:30 pm but there was still no sign of Pete. Vegas' anxiety had already crossed all bounds by the time.
He had already tried calling Pete many times but everytime it said that his phone was off. After he eventually couldn't keep it inside him for any longer, he went out of the room and started enquiring every bodyguard, if they had seen Pete anywhere or if they knew of his whereabouts.

Most of them denied having any information until one of the guards spoke that he had seen Pete with Charlie near Chakkrawat in the morning.

Even though he had always tried to push Pete away from him, to make him walk out of his life, Vegas was terrified of the possibility when such a situation truly came. He was not ready to let go of him no matter what and the terror mixed with the feelings of jealousy, worry and a number of other strong emotions made him act in ways he did not want to.

After enquiring all the gaurds, he came back to his room and to his surprise, Pete was already present in the room.
He was sitting on the bed and looked like he had just washed his face and was taking a little rest.
Vegas ran towards him instantly upon laying his eyes on him but was too anxious to notice his mental and physical state.

"WHERE WERE YOU?!! DO YOU EVEN HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT WHAT TIME IT IS?!! DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS?!!" Vegas spitted in a single go.

He was holding Pete's arms in a tight hold and was unaware of the pressure he was putting on him.

"I am too tired for any of this Vegas" Pete said pushing Vegas into disbelief.

"HOW CAN YOU BE SO CASUAL ABOUT IT?! YOU COULD'VE ATLEAST GIVEN ME A DAMNED CALL!" But Vegas continued with his rants instead of listening to him.

However, contrary to his usual habit of indulging in arguments to defend himself, this time not a single tremor left Pete's throat.

"HOW CAN YOU ACT SO IRRESPONSIBLY?" Vegas questioned finally making Pete look up.

"You've always wanted me to leave you, have you not? Fine then, I'll honour your wish today. You won't have to see my face anymore from this moment on. I can not do this anymore...no...I can no longer push myself to bind us two in this relationship where you have no regards for me. Where you are not ready to even give me a chance, where you are not ready to listen to me, where you make me feel like I am just a burden to you. I am also a human Vegas, I have my own limits. I am sorry, I can't do this anymore...I can't." Pete said in an ever-soft tone. His eyes were all red but there were no tears left in them.

The strong person inside Pete had finally given up, all the years of trauma, daily fights and betrayals had finally succeeded in shattering him. He no longer felt like a human, he was like a numb existence, simply existing in the present waiting for a void to shallow him whole.
It was like his soul and mind were completely separated momentarily, like he was no longer in control of embedding both his rationality and emotions into his decisions, like he no longer wanted to try to create a happy family that he had so longed for always.