Infiltration

You gaze into the abyss that is New Yolk City. The neon lights shine down onto your (c/f) fur as you dash through the small alleyways getting closer to the Chaos Council's Base with every little step. You take one glance back toward the small basement house you were stuck in before this venture to the outside.

~Small Flashback~

An exaggerated sigh came out as you mended to an older man's wound on his right forearm. While grabbing some medical liquids you mixed yourself, you eyed the door hoping to get out soon.

"Miracle Maiden...?" You turn your head back to the older man, the front hair covering part of his eyes. His dog ears stood up and he continued to speak, "do you long to join the others in the fight?"

"Of course not, my place is...here..." Your once cheerful demeanor grows more depressed by the minute.

"My!" He begins as he stares at the ointment that calmed the nerves and pain from his wound. "No wonder they call you Miracle Maiden around here. You truly can mix herbs to make miraculous ointments to cure us."

You give him a small smile, "It's just lost medical history. I studied a book back when I used to have it, so I remember the basics on how to mend." His brows lift his eyes a bit more with his surprise.

"You mean you used to have a book about it too!? That's a miracle too." He fixed his gaze on the metal door up the narrow stairs. The lights continued to flicker. Nobody knew why the power went out all of a sudden.

"Ever since the Chaos Council took over, we've lost so much knowledge about the world." Keeping your left hand on his wound, you move your right hand to grab the little cloth you have left. He continues, "Even the things to do this have gone missing..." Referring to the last amount of cloths you grabbed to heal him. "They really just want us to be their work slaves!" The older man clenches his left hand.

"Calm down, please." You smiled.

"Right, sorry Miracle Maiden."

"You don't have to call me that, everybody else already does." The smile you had began to disappear. You never liked being referred to as the Miracle Maiden because you just used simple medical techniques to help people. Even the Chaos Council knew of the Miracle Maiden, but couldn't do anything about it because there was never any information about who this person was, but it was true what the older man said. Knowledge is slowly disappearing as the Chaos Council rule grows more strict.

"Why can't you go join the Rebellion, Miracle Maiden?" You glance up at the older man for a second before returning back to pinning the cloth. "I..." You muttered with a safety pin in your mouth. "I want to but...it's too dangerous for me. I have to be here for those who get injured."

The dog scans the room, "Well, I don't see anyone else in need of attention." Your eyes come back up to realize that it was just you and the older man.

"But-"

"No buts, Miracle Maiden." He raises his right arm, now mended, "You still have life and liberty. Go see if this is for you, if not, come back and stay as you are. If it is what you want, go and become a soldier against this dreaded city."

Your eyes gleam with this new found encouragement and excitement mixed together in a weird mush inside you. "Okay!" The chair screeches as you stand up, "I will!"

-PRESENT-

Your surroundings were cramped and humid. There were webs and small critters all around you. "I hate bugs..." You whine as you continue through the vent. Before venturing in, you found a small passage way earlier that led to vents. With the feeling in your gut, you began the treacherous path towards Rebel and Knucks.