The Final Decision

*I had to change the ending a little so it could finish smoothly (also cause the show isn't done)*

Influenced by Game of Survival by Thunderstruck444

There stood almost an exact replica of Nine and I. The one named Tails repeated a hopeful and optimistic phrase like a complete contrast to the yellow fox I know. Sonic rescued us and brought us to this strange world he called, "Green Hills," his original home. I stared at the blue hedgehog who watched his friends with nostalgic eyes.

"There isn't time to waste." A black and red version of Sonic grumbled, I think his name was Shadow. My eyes go back to see a hologram of myself wearing a white, frilly dress, red mary-janes, and a cute bow in my hair. The words that left (a/n)'s mouth were, "If I can do it, you can do it! Anything's possible, so don't give up!"

My hand grazes Nine's as he takes initiative to hold it, "We need time before I agree to do anything." Sonic, who was on the other side, sped to us giving a thumbs up.

"I wouldn't want it any other way! Just remember, the Chaos Council is on our tail. Shadow, how much time?"

The black hedgehog crossed his arms with glaring eyes, "10 minutes. No later." A blue blue ran around leaving materials for a camp around us. "We might as well make the most of it!"

The yellow fox's eyes somberly stare at our replicas, "(Y/N), can we talk privately?" With a tight hold on his hand, I nod as we make our way to a still ocean side.

This scene reminded me of the first dream I had with Nine in it except gray. The ocean waves' sounds resonated, a green pasture surrounded us, and the boy I liked, Nine, sitting next to me with my hand in his.

I start to talk with a lowered voice, "Nine, I know you don't want to do this..."

"I want to have a new world with you and Sonic! Is that so much to ask for?" I felt his hands clench with anger. In the distance, Sonic snickered while building our tents. As for Shadow, his serious expression never changed as he stared at the crippled landscape, his world.

If this was us originally, what does that mean for our lives? Everything I lived, everything we have gone through and felt, was that all a lie? Would we forget this once the prisms connected?

So many questions ran through my mind, but in the end, I could only find one conclusion. If this was us (and there's no doubt about that), then the only solution is to connect the prism.

"I think we need to connect the prism..."

"What!? Even after you saw that these things aren't us?" I brought my hand to his warm cheek to turn his head to me. It was embarrassing to act like this, but right now he needs someone to be there for him.

"But they are us. We traveled through various worlds trying to escape from the Chaos Council. So many versions of us, but I'm sure the essence of us is the same."

He let out an exaggerated sigh, "This isn't fair. I wanted a new world. And what about your family? What happens to our relationships...?" Our eyes go to our hands. My ears fall seeing our connection, our feelings...

"Rebel and Knucks had the same spirit as those replicas! Nine, this is the right thing to do. We may not know what happens to us, but at least we can be together even if it's not in this life."

"That's not what I want!"

"Try to understand Nine! We probably won't disappear! Plus, if the Chaos Council gets their hands on the prisms, well there goes any hope for a better future." Nine shivered when I laid my head on his shoulder. A tint of heat rose to my cheeks but I chose to ignore it.

A small whisper left the fox's mouth, "I know...I know..."

It hurt me to know I couldn't say goodbye to Rebel or Knucks. I couldn't live life that way I wanted.

I can't think like that! I have to be hopeful! We won't die! We'll just be complete...That's it! We'll be complete just like the prism.

"Ni-" A loud grumpy voice interrupts me from a distance, "Time's up! We need to hurry to the mountain!"

Sonic and Shadow distracted the enemies outside this cave where the prism shard resided. With each prism connected, a large wave of energy washed over the land bringing me to my knees. I watched Nine hesitantly looking at the last piece.

Although I was in pain, I staggered my steps to topple over Nine. Luckily, Nine caught me with an embrace as I snuggled my head into his chest fur. His hand lifts my chin to meet his eyes and a warmth touches my lips.

Now, with enough energy, I encourage Nine to finish his task while trying to comfort his dilemma, "Nine, we'll be complete after this! Anything's possible so we can't give up on our hope!" His eyes widened at my words. After a few moments, I realized I said almost the exact same thing my replica repeated.

We separated but still held hands together as I watched Nine. The boyish fox who scoffed at me when we first met, who took care of me after getting hurt, and the one I came to like a lot. The yellow fox glanced at me before the final piece of the shard connected perfectly with the rest.