An Awkward Sleep

For the second time, I woke up at Nine's lab? Apartment? Whatever this is, I wake up at his place. "Nine? Are you here?" I looked around hoping I'd see him watching over as he did before but no one was in sight. It was really dark so I sat up on his bed and began to walk toward the shadowy door until I tripped over a lump on the floor.

"Ooof-" Yup, I definitely landed on Nine, that's for sure.

"What are you doing up? It's 3 am..." The groggy voice mutters. I sat on the floor and my eyes adjusted to the darkness around us. He's sleeping on multiple blankets...cause I took his bed...

"Why don't you sleep on the bed?" I scoot a bit closer to him and nudge his shoulder. I bet I also look like a mess with my sleepy face.

"Eh-You are on the bed!" Nine abruptly sits up, his face flustered at the suggestion.
"I don't want you sleeping on the floor." I cross my arms once more and turn my head away. After a bit of silence encompassed us, he groaned and began to gather his things from the floor. I watched as he put some blankets away, only keeping one with him, and held his hand out for me.

"Come on...let's just get some sleep." A little flustered, I grabbed his hand. He keeps his eyes off me while we walk to the bed, hand in hand. I lay down on the wall side and snuggled in the blanket before I felt another weight join me.

"You don't keep your extra limbs with you as you sleep." I giggled a bit at him.

"Hey, I'm smart enough to make things detachable." He tenses up as he scoots near to me and our sides touch. The bed is only a twin side to be honest.

"Um, you...comfortable, Nine?" I ask, hopefully his extra tail had room too. "You could come under the blanket, it's pretty cold.." I lift the blanket inviting him to join me.

"Ehm, s-sure '' We were as close as ever which made it difficult to sleep in peace. The warmth from our bodies made it comfortable but definitely not emotionally comfortable.

I drift away to my dreamland once more. I really like being near him.