A Small Rest

My eyes flutter open and a yellow blur covers my vision. "Hm?" Slowly I regained consciousness and turned my head toward Nine. I scanned my surroundings a bit seeing I was in a small room on a bed with light blue sheets and bookshelves covering the metal walls.

"Wow! You've got a lot of books!"

"Hey! Don't try to stand up already, idiot!" He places his hand on my forehead. I was a bit taken back and blushed FOR NO REASON! "Sorry, eh."

"I thought you were doing better!?" Nine's eyes narrowed a bit, I guess he was annoyed at me.

"Yeah, well...No...I just told that to everyone." My demeanor fell. "I actually suffered a concussion but-"

"What? What are you doing here then!?" His fists clenched.

"Everyone was also injured and they needed help! I couldn't focus on myself!"

"That's what happens to someone so stupid and selfless!"

"Well, excuuuusee me for wanting to help!" I cross my arms and pout at him. His eyes softened then he walked towards the door.

"Wha-Where are you going?" My legs were about to leave the bed before he answered me.

"You can't leave here till you're better. I have to prepare a few things right now." His hand was on the open door as his eyes glimpsed toward me. "Get some sleep. I'll wake you up when I'm done." And with that he turned off the light and left the room as I sat there with my thoughts.

Why is he doing this? I mean, it's obvious that he's hurt that Sonic disappeared. It's also pretty obvious that the Rebellion probably hates him right now. He can't be worried about me. I feel myself getting redder by the second. He's really caring...in his own way. Can I really stay here? What about Knucks and Rebel? Well, maybe they'll understand or hopefully not notice right now.

I snuggle in his sheets, they smell like him. Despite talking to myself in my thoughts, I slowly drift away to a perfect dreamland with beautiful blue skies and green hills that have flowers blooming in every direction. The crash of waves resonated and Nine sat next to me on the beautiful shoreline.