Chapter Two: I hate packing

The first thing I did when I entered the house, I went straight to talk to my parents. They were in the living room, watching a game. Mom saw me and with the way she looked at me, I think she already had an idea why I was looking pissed.

"Your principal called again. Vandalizing the principal's office," dad said without even looking at me.

I slammed my fist on the armchair where my dad was seated. "Damn right, I did. What the hell are you thinking?" I asked, shouting.

"Words, Riley," mom said, giving me the stern look of a mother.

I ran a hand to my face. "This is ridiculous. Everything about what you're thinking is ridiculous. Summer isn't meant for summer damn camp," I fought back. I wanted them to know the right I should had.

Dad took off his glasses, pinched the bridge of his nose once and then, finally looked towards my way with the same bored expression. "We are doing this because of what you're doing. And look what you're doing right now? Can't we just talk about this without screaming and cussing around? You're a young adult. I assume you know what's right from wrong already. But I thought wrong, I guess," he said.

I was fuming. I was in rage. I wanted to say something more but I could feel the angry tears about to fall. I didn't want them to see those tears. They should know better than to send me to a summer camp. Stupid teachers for recommending that idea. I would not attend that camp. They couldn't make me.

So I ran upstairs and made my way to my room. I made sure to lock the door so they couldn't come in. As soon as I hit the mattress of my bed, the tears I was trying not to fall, rolled down my cheeks without permission. All my plans for this year's summer were ruined because of some summer camp I didn't even sign up for.

I wiped the tears away because it was pointless. I shouldn't cry. If they wanted me to attend this summer camp, then that's where I was going to spread out my rebelliousness. I would even recruit some teenagers like me. That's a perfect idea. I could still make this year's summer a memorable one.

Thirty minutes after I locked myself inside my room, I went back to my parents' study room, head low and mumbled an apology.

"I assumed you've realized your mistake now," dad said. This time he was looking at me with the fatherly look-you know, furrowed brows, tired looking eyes from work, concerned expression. "This is for your own good anyway."

"I know. You don't have to repeat it-" I stopped myself. I was talking back again. "Sorry. Okay. I realize my mistake already," I admitted only in front of them but behind my back, I was crossing my fingers.

Mom smiled. "I assure you that you're going to enjoy summer camp. I went to summer camp just like your age. It's not that bad," she said.

"Yeah, sure." A moment of silence passed by as I thought of what should I say next. "Should I pack now?" I asked.

"Sure. You can pack now. Does that mean you're going there earlier than scheduled?" she asked some more.

I shrugged. "There's no point to stay here when summer finally roll out."

She stood up and went to me to give me a hug and a kiss on the cheek before sending me back to my room. I got my suitcase and packed as many clothes as I had to. But when I was about to put my shoes in the suitcase, I saw that my clothes weren't able to get all in. They were clattering on top of it and some were on my bed already. This was one reason why I didn't like packing. What should be inside should be organized well. I wasn't an organized person, I admitted and this packing thing would definitely take me the whole night to fix.