Chapter Twenty-Two: All things have endings

It was reported.

The incident from last night was reported and some of the parents had pulled out there sons and daughters. They wanted to make sure that their children would not be in danger. There had been a meeting with regards to the fox on loose. Mr. Donald assured every parent that there were no more foxes anymore but they were not all convinced.

My mom had been hysterical when she found out that I was the one in contact with the foxes. I wasn't hurt because Gustav protected me but they weren't satisfied with that. My mom was seriously mad about the facility of the camp, causing for her to report it to higher institutions.

After the meeting with the parents, all campers were called in as well. He explained things, laughed some things off but you could see that he was not happy with the decision he was about to make.

"As you all know, some parents had decided to pull out some of you. Some parents trusted me enough that they believe what I said were assuring them enough. But some were just too concerned. So," he said. The loneliness in his voice was so obvious that I felt some guilt ran all over me. My mom belonged to the 'too concerned parents' group. "Castaway camp is closing until further notice."

There were gasp, murmurs, pity and laughter in the room. I was just quiet. My friends were part of the other curious campers.

"I know that I should've checked the camp's perimeter carefully before opening it this summer. I know that it's my responsibility. So, I'm making an action here." Another batch of murmurs came in. "Castaway camp will open again but it's not going to be next week or next month. I don't know as well if it will be open for next summer. There were procedures that we have to do. But I hope once everything is sorted out, maybe you'll still enrol here?" he asked, hopeful obvious in his voice.

Gustav was looking at me but there were no any sign that everything's going to be alright. He knew what we did would end up to this. After knowing my parents, I was sure he thought of that early.

"It was fun having you all around here," Mr. Donald said before finally exiting the room.

Campers started to stand up and went for the door as well. I'd seen some of them walked with Mr. Donald and talked with him. My friends and I were left behind in the room.

Alberta sighed. "What now?" she asked.

"I think we should have a sleep over!" Keith cheered.

"And that's one reason why some people thinks you are gay. Come on. Act like a guy sometimes," Ellie said.

Keith looked at her and before we knew it all, he had his lips crashed onto Ellie's. She was shocked but then it turned into one full on make out session. Who would have thought that Ellie had a thing for Keith too.

Someone coughed by the far end and that's when I saw Gustav was still there. Ellie pulled out of Keith, sticking a tongue out to Gustav.

It seemed that the other had noticed something because they started to stand up and headed for the door, saying some good luck or we'd see each other later.

Gustav and I were the ones left in the room. He walked near me and sat as well.

"So, I bet you know it's your mom," he said.

I nodded. "She is too concerned like that."

He ruffled my hair. "You'll be okay."

"I don't know about that. This camp has changed me for the better that's for sure. But whenever I'm back home, I'm becoming my old crazy self."

"This was fun, don't you think?"

"A summer short love?" I asked with a smirk. I knew where he was heading. I was not that naïve to know that he was ending everything here as well. Maybe he was not fond of long distance relationship. I wasn't too.

"We'll see each other again," he said, holding my hand.

"Yeah. I'll enrol here again once this opens up next summer or the next." I sighed, looking around. "I'm going to miss this."

"Me too," he said. And then, just before I could smile to him, he kissed me on the lips. I was surprised at first but I responded to the kiss, closing my eyes.

We both heard a cough, making us pull away from each other.

"Seems like you just want to be alone," Donna teased.

I shook my head, standing up and pulling Gustav with me. "Let's just enjoy our last day here."

We all got out and did everything we could do in one day.

I was reckless before. I had no friends and my parents didn't care thatmuch about me. Well, now they cared too much about me but at least there's animprovement. I would always remember this summer—this short summer adventurethat I had in this camp. I'd be back and when that time comes, I'd make surethat it would be the best of all.    

---

The last chapter was long enough to let you all know that it's ending. So here's the final chapter of Riley's story. Thank you so much for reading her story. You're awesome.