four

present

present

~~~

Naturally, the very first thing Marleigh did after waking up was make her way across the yard and into the Cameron's home, or, more specifically, Sarah's room to spill every detail of the venturesome night she had missed. 

Sarah was more than shocked, over apologizing on her brother's part and voicing over and over how sorry she was that she hadn't been there, but more than anything, listening to Marleigh gush over her interaction with her beloved Pogues and the way that it had been a certain blonde that saved her. 

Contrarily, on the other side of the island, JJ was just stirring back to life, flinching in pain at every movement. 

As soon as he was able to recall the events of the night, he popped straight out of bed and headed for John B.'s. The thought of her being back felt so much like a dream. He needed some reassurance that it wasn't. 

~~

The two Kook girls, after a long morning messing around in the North Carolina sun, had decided to cool down in the comfort of Sarah's back patio playing "Scrabble" with their siblings and sipping on lemonade. 

Sarah and Marleigh had just made their way over to My Druthers, planning to take it out for a sunset drive when they spotted none other than John B. Routledge shuffling out of the sliding back door carrying all of the Cameron's scuba gear. 

Marleigh jumped a tad, not expecting to see him, especially here on Figure Eight. 

"What is he doing?" Marleigh hissed at Sarah.

"Don't worry, he works here now. I got this." She walked to the back of the boat where he stood and began resting her arms and head on a piece of the boat's railing. 

"Oh, hey! Are you stalking us? Plotting your revenge?" Sarah asked the brunette, sliding her sunglasses up her face. 

"Yeah, you know what, why don't you just tell your daddy I blew the bilge on the Druthers? Everything's good to go! Just topping off these tanks," he answered, leaning one arm against a silver ladder. 

Marliegh, dressed in a yellow graphic Billabong baby tank and shorts, rounded the corner to stand behind Sarah. She, too, pushed her round sunglasses to the top of her head and offered him a light smile. 

"Oh, awesome, you too? Hey, Mar. Fancy seeing you here, but I've gotta go." He pointed his full arms toward the stairs before descending them. He waddled his way to his tied-up boat and began emptying the clanking tanks into the floor.