03

I won't be uploading the next chapter if I didn't get enough votes and comments on this one don't force me to set targets please:^

••••••

L O N D O N

L O N D O N

You might be thinking about Reyan; I know very well because he's also on my mind 15/7. Yeah, it's 15 hours a day, because the remaining time I think about my "lovely family" - note the sarcasm, and some other things. But still, Reyan had the most time in my mind the whole day.

I glanced at the watch, and when I saw the hour hand at 4:00 am, I knew Amara wasn't coming. I wasn't sleeping anyway because after cutting the call, I had been crying since then. Now only one person can help me.

I opened the Spotify app and played Anuv Jain. I can't describe how much his music heals me. He describes himself as-
"just a guy with a guitar."

Let's take some time to appreciate him because he deserves it. He's the only celebrity or person I follow on every social media I have my account on, other than my knowns. I can never thank him enough for how much his music, his words, his guitar, he himself has healed me through his music.

In this era of pop and rock music, are we still into R&B and soul music?I mean, he's so underrated but has healed thousands of hearts, including mine.
(It's your author's reality T-T)

I played one of my favorite songs by him - "Gul."

And as the music played, my tears flowed through my eyes silently, remembering my past life, or which was going to be my present soon.

Flashback-

"Just another burden, or to be precise, a bad omen - you swallowed our bhabhi, rooh. Instead of such a pretty name, you should've been named as Dayan.(witch)"

"I wish if Mumma had not taken a step to save you because you left her hand."

"You were responsible for our house's destruction."

"Go away, Rooh. No one wants you here."

"I wish you were gone in place of her."

"You're not loved; you're not wanted in our life, Rooh."

All of their words were echoing in my ears. I kept my hands over my ears to cover them, or more precisely, wanted to escape from their harsh words. Or maybe true?

But as I was remembering my past, I remembered the only good thing that happened to me in the past is knowing Reyan.

It was Dec 2022, one year before I got this unknown person's text. And then, from being a nuisance, what he was to me at the start, he became a good chatter, a good friend to me. I didn't know when we came this long way, when I started growing feelings for him.