07

Target- 80 votes

NUMBER OF VOTES ARE NOT EVEN HALF OF THE NUMBER OF READERS ENGAGED ITS 5% SO IF THE TARGET ISN'T ACHIEVED PLEASE DON'T ASK ME FOR UPDATES AS I DON'T LIKE UPSETTING YOU BY SAYING 'NO'

Dedicated to DaReyaworld

I N D I A

"I can't understand why none of them is ready to understand me and my feelings

"I can't understand why none of them is ready to understand me and my feelings. I clearly do not want to get married and destroy my life along with Rooh's. What should I do?" I came out of my thoughts when I heard a knock on the door, and it was none other than Maa.

"Maa, why are you standing there? Please cme."

She came in with a tray filled with food.
Oh, my mother ! She cared so much for me. I hadn't eaten, and now she came with a tray full of food to feed me.

"I don't care about anything right now, and you aren't allowed to deny your mother. Just keep quiet and eat the food; then, we'll talk about anything else."

"Aye aye, ma'am," I said, giving her a salute, which made her smile a little.

After she finished feeding me, she wiped my mouth with her saree pallu.

"I will turn 30 in a few months, Maa. You can stop doing that," I said, but I knew it was meaningless as she pulled my left ear, making me wince in pain.

"I will stop doing it once I get my grandchildren." Oh no, not again, that marriage nonsense.

"Maa, do you also think that I should get married? I mean, it's clearly destroying two lives; we can stop it," I said, hoping that maybe she will help me.

"If it were in my hands, I would've already done that. I talked to your father; everyone was equally against it as you, but in your absence, your grandfather made us convince, even though I am still not in favor. But let's hope for a bright future." Finally, my last player also left me, brilliant!

"But-"

"Rooh is a very sweet girl. I know it's been years since you met her, but I believe that she'll make you a little bit less grumpy, the way you are in front of the whole world and every family member. She'll make you a soft person from a cold one."

"I am not cold." I knew I lied; I am, but I can't help it either.

"Ansh, you know right how Rooh is treated in her family. If this marriage breaks, it will become more troublesome for her. If not us, her family will get her married to a cruel household; they won't leave any chance to make that poor girl's life hell." She said, and patting my head a little, she left from my room.

I am aware of how Rooh is treated in her family, but I don't know the whole matter. Rooh, do I deserve you? Will I be able to give you the love you deserve? What if you have someone else in your life?