05

As soon as I reached the Elite Mall, the first thing I did was close my eyes tightly and cross my fingers, hoping that my phone would now have signals

Stepping out of the cab, I walked inside the mall, and finally, my phone had signals.
Thank God !

As I walked in, I opened text messages from Rey while walking.

And I found out he asked me not to come. He texted me, saying, 'Don't come here, Rooh.' What should I understand by this message? Didn't he want to meet me? What made him change his plan? What do I do? I don't know why, but thinking of unexpected theories about why Rey wouldn't want to meet me made my eyes moist. I'm a big overthinker, which I know, but I can't help it.

Still I decided to ask him the reason as he's a genuine person and there must be a genuine reason with him in declining me.

I opened the dialer and called him to supress my overthinking.

"Rey," before I could finish my sentence, he growled at me in anger.

"Rooh, how can you be so dumb to not reply to my calls and texts? You should have at least informed me when you were coming here." I felt hurt. I don't know, but I never expected him to shout at me no matter what happens.

But then again, mein uske liye hu hi kya? ( What do I mean for him)

I didn't know what to reply, but closing my eyelids for a second, I pressed my lips inwards and replied, "Reyan, my phone had no signals, and I am not dumb to not see your messages and ignore your calls." Did I sound harsh? I wanted to anyways.

"Rooh, listen to me, I—" I cut his call as I wasn't in the mood to hear anything from him, at least right now.

What should I do right now? I was in a jumble of thoughts; that's when Amara called me.

"Rooh, where are you?" Even before I could say hello, she shouted at me. What is with everyone right now, shouting at me? But she sounded so panicked right now.

"I am at the mall," I answered her question.

"Rooh, come back. No, do one thing. Go hide yourself in any shop, cover yourself. Don't come; you're in big danger, Rooh." Danger? What danger is she talking about? I can't understand anything.

"Amara, take a deep breath, and then tell me what you're talking about? What danger?"

"Rooh, some psychotic criminals have escaped from the prison cell. They were estimated to roam around the area which you were in right now. But just now, news told that one of them shot an officer, and the whole gang is hidden in the Elite Mall." She dropped a nuclear bomb on me.

Before I could say anything, I heard chaos in the mall, shouts of people, and a gunshot of which I am afraid till death. I have haunted memories related to chaos of people, echoes of their cries, and gunshots. I started shivering in my place, and the phone slipped from my hand.