Chapter 20

James didn't want to remember anymore. He was done. He wiped the sweat from his forehead sat up. He knew he wouldn't be able to sleep now. He glanced over at Cass and Ethan.

Ethan.

James had to prove to Cassedee that Ethan was Mr. T. He had to. Everyone was trapped, including them.

Mr. T. needed their souls for his evil doing. Something about collecting enough souls for his world. He had been stuck in this dimension for centuries.

This world--wherever they were was a part of a whole entirely different plan. It was beyond their understanding.

It was beyond their world.

James didn't understand it and wasn't sure if he wanted to know. There are things that were about to happen to them that he wasn't prepared to tell Cassedee.

He could tell they both were asleep. It was now or never.

James slowly got up and cautiously walked over to where Cassedee was sleeping. He bent down and nudged her with his hand.

She didn't wake up so he tried it again.

"Cassedee" he whispered. He knew hearing her full name would get her to wake up.

Nothing.

Okay, that didn't work.

"Cass, you awake?"

She suddenly came to with a stutter.

"James, what happened?" she muffled. She was groggy and out of it. Her hair was a mess. She looked even more beautiful then before.

James took a deep breath before he spoke.

He knelt down even more now--making sure not to wake Ethan up.

"Cass, something really bad's about to happen. We all gotta get out of here. And Ethan. " He winced as he whispered the name.

"Ethan isn't who he says he is."

He paused.

"I saw things, Cass. I saw Mr. T. I saw Emily but she was good. I saw all the party guests who disappeared. I saw Nole's great-great-grandfather. I saw everything."

Cassedee suddenly shot up and looked straight at James.

"What are you talking about, James? What do you mean everything?"

James looked around wearily.

"I saw Mr. T. I saw his plans. I know why we are here. He needs souls, Cass. To fuel his ship or something so he can get back to his planet. He's been trapped here for centuries--this was his assignment. Now he's trying to fulfill it. We're trapped here. We have to figure out a way out of here. I don't know how--or how we'll save Nole..."

He trailed off.

James grabbed her shoulders and stared straight in her eyes.

"Cass, Ethan's Mr. T. I can prove it--I can--"

Cassedee shook her head.

"The camera was planted for us to find. I had a dream. You were in it telling me all this."

James's eyes got wide.

"You don't suppose that was sent to you on purpose do you?"

"I don't know--I'm not sure. But in the dream, you told me that Ethan was Mr. T. and that we were all in danger."

She sucked in a huge breath.

"James, what if that was sent on purpose--"

James didn't even have a chance to respond. Cassedee didn't even have a chance to react.