Chapter 21

They flew with ease through the air, the dampness from the humidity threatening their faces. James felt the wind rush through him as he looked over at Cassedee--they had mastered their skills, somehow.

Their moment of joy didn't last for long. Cassedee looked back and her eyes got wide. Mr. T. was right behind them, coming up fast.

Cassedee shouted against the wind. "James, he's coming! He's right behind us" James glanced back and saw the mad man.

Mr. T. was glowing green as he sent small little glowing things at them. They were hideous looking. Sharp teeth and claws--they looked like radioactive bats. They came flying through the air, teeth barred, ready to strike.

Cassedee yelled, "What do we do?"

James didn't have time to think. He didn't have time to come up with an elaborate plan. He had to think fast. Mr. T was gaining speed. Those things coming up faster then he was.

James could feel his heart race as he crouched behind the bushes in the woods. He watched as Cassedee pressed against a tree, eyeing him for a signal to go in.

They had mastered their powers but James wondered if Mr. T. was too powerful for them.

James yelled back, "Okay, this is what we'll do. You slow down and then I'll speed up and see if I can cut him off. Use those talons of yours to try and knock him out of the air, I don't know."

Cassedee looked concerned. "And what happens if we can't stop him? He looks pretty angry, Jay."

James hadn't thought this far. "I don't know, but we'll just have to improvise, I guess."

Cassedee looked weary. "Alright. Hope this works."

James took his two fingers and pointed at his eyes then at Cassedee. Signaling he was about to make his move.

James sped up passed Cassedee and looked back as she slowed down. Come on, Cass. You got this.

Those little green things were gaining speed on him now.

Cassedee latched her feet onto Mr. T. James could hear screams as Cassedee used all of her might to try and knock him off. But it didn't work. Instead, she went flying backwards and bolts of green light shot at her.

James panicked. The little monster things started biting at his feet. He tried kicking them off but they wouldn't move.

He could feel tears form at his eyes as he fought the feeling of hopeless off. He was frustrated. He flew backwards kicking his feet repeatedly.

He lifted his fingers and pointed them at the monsters. White bursts of light shot out and at them. They screamed as they fell to the ground.

James smiled at his triumph.

He pulled back around to see if he could find Cassedee. Mr. T. was throwing darts at her as she flew up and down--dodging them as best she could.

One struck her in the leg and she raced down to the ground, pummeling through the trees. A few moments later, she came back up. James watched as she lunged herself at Mr. T. He grabbed her by the wrist and swung her around in the air. She went flying  back through the trees. This was James's moment.

He charged at Mr. T. full force and gathered his hands together. A huge ball of light formed and he was screaming. He was sure it shook everything else around him, but he didn't care.

He was angry. Mr. T would pay.

The ball of light went flying at the mad man and made him do flips over and over again. He was a few feet away from James but quickly sped up again. James had really made him angry now.