Epilogue

It has been two days since Prakash's last visit to her and she has been miserable since then. She couldn't sleep properly. All night she would keep thinking just one thing. 

'Was I really being a distraction? Mujhe laga i supported him for his career. But no! I was being a distraction.'

She was yet again slumped on her bed staring at the ceiling. She couldn't stop thinking about his words. Tears fell from her eyes. Since the past two days every hour she thought that she had no more tears left but she was always proved wrong.

One thought about him and the tears would start flowing again.

Her phone rang and she picked it up without any energy. Her eyes widened and she sat up straight wiping her tears seeing a video call from Prakash.

She connected the call and his tired face came into view. For a few minutes they just kept staring at each other drinking the other's form in.

"Why do you look so disoriented?"

She asked and he gritted his teeth.

"Because I am a fucking idiot. Mai tumhe wo sab bakwaas keh rha tha and you were listening. Do thappad nhi laga skti thi mujhe."

She looked at him shocked and he sighed.

"Galti saari meri. Focus mera lose hua, padhai maine nhi kri and blame tumhare upar daal dia. Such an idiot I am."

She smiled slightly and he got serious.

"I want you to promise me one thing Anamika. If I ever, ever talk to you like that again, slap some sense into me right then and there. Ek right gaal pr maarna aur ek left gaal pr jisse dimag center mai aa jaaye."

She laughed and he smiled seeing her laughing face.

"I am really sorry for all the nonsense I sprewed that day Anamika. I did not mean any of that. You're not a distraction baby. You are my biggest strength."

Tears pooled in her eyes and she closed her eyes sighing as if a burden got lifted off her.

"I missed you so much Prakash. Ek promise aaj tum bhi mujhse kro. In future agar meri wajah se tum naraz hote bhi ho toh you'll back turn your back on me. Hum baat krke sought out krenge. But don't ever stop talking to me. I love you."

She whispered and he smiled caressing his screen.

"I missed you too. I promise meri jaan. I love you baby. And I am really sorry meri jaan."

Hw whispered and she smiled wiping her tears.

"Fuck! I wished I'd kissed you that day."

"You didn't even look at me properly."

She narrowed her eyes at him and he gulped.

"And this is your punishment now. You're going to keep your end of promise. We are not meeting until you finish your CA or I come there."

He groaned and she bit her lip.

"Also we'll not be getting Diwali break this year. Toh mai beech mai ghar nhi aaungi. We'll meet after this year only."

He cursed loudly making her chuckle and he sighed.

"I made my lady cry isliye bhagwaan mujhe suffer kra rhe hai."

She bit her lip. Oh the butterflies when he calls her his lady.

"But you know what. Let's look at the positive side. Iss ek saal mai hum dono ka career ban jaayega. And when you return back here, you'll find me on my knees and I will marry you without wasting any time."

"Sounds like a plan to me."

She whispered trying not to show how much it affected her.

"But there is a possibility ki meri posting kahi aur ho jaaye."

He frowned.

"Hain!? Aisa bhi ho skta hai kya? Koi na. I'll move in with you."

She smiled and kissed the screen and he kept his hand on his heart sighing dramatically.

*7 years later*

Seems like yesterday when Prakash and Anamika's story started right? Well, that's the characteristic of time. It flies!

Anamika's training got completed 5 years back and fate seemed to be on their side for she got posted in her home town only.

She still remembered the day she was given her uniform and the name badge. The proud smile on her parents' face.

That was also the day her fiance proposed her. Just like he had promised. She returned home feeling a little disappointed that he hadn't joined her on her ceremony only to get surprised finding the home decorated beautifully for a proposal and Prakash sitting on one knee at the middle of the room.

They got married in a close knit ceremony a month later and life was bliss.

She had clearly told him that they couldn't plan a baby atleast until 5 years because her job demanded so and they were made to sign a document. He had been supportive throughout.

But as soon as the contract period ended she knew she was ready for a baby and they started planning immediately.

And today, the couple was finally welcoming their first baby, their girl.

After a painful 6 hours of labour, Anamika had given birth to a healthy babygirl. When the crying girl was handed over to Prakash he somehow controlled his own tears and pulled her to his chest lulling her softly.

"Hey princess!"

He cooed in a whisper and she went quiet. She snuggled into his chest. Her momma loved to hug him and she recognised his heartbeat. His heartbeat made her feel secure. This man made her momma feel safe. She was also safe.

When she snuggled into him and gave him a cute yawn he couldn't control anymore and burst into silent sobs. She was so precious. Just like her lady.

And he would kill and be killed for his lady and his girl. The loves of his life. The most beautiful things that ever happened to him.

"I love you meri jaan. Forever."

He said kissing a resting Anamika's head and then kissed her princess' head.

"I love you also my princess. Forever."
**************************************
The story is over. I hope you liked it😁.

Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️