6.2

It was him! Out of all the people, her father's friend's son had to be him! Her long time crush. One she had a tough time getting over.

She continued to look at him wide eyed until he cleared his throat making her look away and muttering curses under her breath.

She cleared her throat and said.

“Umm-may kuch help krdu? With the luggage?”

She repeated her question and he handed her the smallest bag not wanting to burden her. Besides there were only two more bags which he could handle easily.

“Thank you.”

He said and she closed her eyes feeling the voice down her body. How can someone's voice travel through her body in such a way? Was she still down deep? Shit! That would be a problem considering he might not even remember her anymore.

Why did he have to be so handsome and hot? Why did he have to have a voice so thick and an accent so sexy that made her want to take him to bed? Why did he have to be such a gentleman? She's seen people who looked worse than that being playboys and prudes. But he? This man had sworn to make her fall for him and be out of her league at the same time. And he had no flaws! Can you imagine that?

She could notice a few changes since the last time she remembered him. His hair was trimmed. Prim and proper. He looked more mature than before. Definitely gained a few kgs which seemed to go into muscles and biceps. He looked even more yummy than before.

Aaaaaand! She needed to stop with these dirty thoughts of hers.

Taking a deep breath she walked into the house with him following her tail. She put the bag where her father had put the one he was carrying.

Ranit smiled and touched her mother's feet who blessed him while Mansi went to fetch water for both him and her father.

He took the glass and thanked her again while looking into her eyes. Control Mansi! Your parents are right here! She reminded herself and stood at a distance.

She admired him from where she was standing. How he answered each of her mother's questions with a soft smile on his face. How he licked his lips after every two questions to moisten them. How his hands moved as he answered.

“Lunch laga du beta?”

Her mother asked and he gave a brief look towards Mansi before looking back at her mother and replying politely.

“Flight mai breakfast krke aaya tha aunty.”

She nodded and turned to Mansi.

“Mansi! Ranit ko uska room dikha de. Aaram se fresh ho jaao. Take some rest. Thak gye hoge itni lambi flight se.”

Ranit nodded and got up taking hold of his luggage. He took the two bags he took earlier while Mansi handled the other two.

Them in a room, with her current thoughts was a dangerous game. But she couldn't deny her mother.

She put his luggage in one corner of the room. She felt him beside her putting the bags in his hand at the same place and her breath hitched as his cologne invaded her senses.

Red alert! Red alert!

She immediately made distance and smiled awkwardly.

“Umm-bathroom’s that side. Left side switch is the hot one. Shower knob ko 180° to the right turn krne se on hoga. Almirah ye hai. You can unpack your bags. And… and… that's it for now. Anything else you'd need you can call me. My room's the one exactly in front of yours.”

He nodded and started unpacking his bag probably to take out his clothes and toiletries for taking a bath.

She let him be and went to her room. She slumped on the bed and a grin formed on her face. He was going to live here. With her. She knew she had no chance with him but she couldn't miss the chance to enjoy.

Ranit Malhotra. She got to know the handsome hunk’s name two weeks later from her friend. The only friend she could make till now.

He was also their senior. By two years. Maybe she'd get to work with him someday. Their college organised various events for their department which required collaboration of juniors and seniors at all levels.

Her college life just got more exciting.

God seems to love Mansi a lot because the collaborative event came much eariler than she had imagined. And he was volunteering too.

That's when she actually got to know him. Got to know how good he was. How respectful and caring he was. And her crush only got stronger after that.

She had once even tried to confess. Just tell him she liked him and let him decide. But then she heard his friends and realised he was way out of her league and decided to move on.

It was his final year and they were in their farewell party organised by the college. She caught a glimpse of him in a tux and damn! She'd never seen a man look so perfectly edible in a tux.

It fitted him like a second skin. Taking deep breaths and checking her appearance multiple times she moved towards the area he was sitting with his friends.

His back was turned to her. With a nervous smile she approached them only to stop at her place hearing his friends.

“So Rani boy! It's our last day in college. Phir toh janab wapas US chale jaayenge. Aaj toh sach bta hi do. Itne saalon mai tujhe koi ladki pasand nhi aayi?”

She chuckled at the nickname they gave him. Feeling a little saddened that he was leaving for the US, she looked at him with a small smile. Her heart raced at the words his other friend uttered.

“Haan bhai! Aaj toh bta hi de. Waise what do you think about that junior? What was her name again? Meera? Mansi! Mansi Jain!”

He knew her? Why were his friends asking him about her? Did he also like her or something? Her train of thoughts came at a stop hearing his friend's words and her smile fell.

“Oh come on! What is there about her? Have you seen her? And have you seen our boy? They are no match dude! He is way out of her league. She's just a crazy girl with a crazy crush. Hamara bhai itna handsome hai, he deserves atleast a model for himself-”

She didn't hear any further. They weren't completely wrong though. He was out of her league and she had just a crazy crush on him. Why did it hurt then? Maybe she was too invested. She had to move on!

That was the last she saw him. Before today that is. And the crazy thing was. The crush she thought she moved on from, wasn't actually over her.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️