7.4.4

Dhara was sitting in the doctor's cabin. She was really nervous. Kabir's comment from earlier was still fresh in her mind. Replaying like a horror movie scene.

‘Ofcourse he'd be interested. I couldn't give him a child until now. But Niharika could.’

She had rushed to her room after the conversation at the breakfast table, took her bag and drove straight to the hospital.

She had been receiving Kabir's calls but she couldn't get herself to pick them up. She had just left a message saying she was fine and was out for some work.

Kabir had understood he had gone too far with his joke. He hadn't meant to. He had teased her so many times and she'd always reciprocated, then what happened this time?

He'd apologize and make up to her when she returned home. Which reminded him, where was she anyway? He'd received her message saying she was fine and was out for some work.

Dhara was still bouncing her knees nervously, waiting for her name to be called out for the reports.

She sprang up at the mention of her name and took deep breaths. Knocking on the door she entered the cabin and took her seat.

“How are the reports doctor? Koi problem hai kya?”

She asked with fear laced voice. The doctor read the reports and spoke.

“Your fertility reports are absolutely fine.”

Dhara was confused. She was fertile. He was fertile. Then where was the issue?

“Toh phir abhi tak mai conceive kyu nhi kr paa rhi hu? It's been two years since we have been trying and koi result nhi hai. Do din pehle mere husband ne test karwaya toh unki reports bhi sahi hai.”

The doctor heard her patiently and read the reports further ahead. Her expression went from concentrated to solemn, indicating she found the apparent issue.

“Mrs. Dhara. Although your eggs are fertile but your womb is not strong enough to carry a foetus. And this might be the reason of you not being able to conceive. Matlab the sperm does make contact with your eggs but wp fertilised egg womb se connect nhi ho paata and hence conceiving mai problems aa rhi hai.”

There! It was confirmed. She was the problem. It was her. Her body. That couldn't support the child. She was the one stopping Kabir from having the happiness of a child.

The whole ride home she was numb. All kinds of bad thoughts revolving her mind. He would leave her now. He only needed a confirmation and he's leave her and go to Niharika. Maybe she should leave before he leaves her. She couldn't live without him anyway.

And with her gone everything would be alright. Everyone would be happy.

Kabir was desperately waiting for Dhara to show up. It was starting to worry him now. As soon as the door was opened and she entered in, he sighed a breath of relief.

He hugged her tightly and mumbled apologies.

“I am sorry about this morning. Mai mazak kr rha tha. I thought you knew. I am sorry if I hurt you. Please talk to me baby.”

When she didn't say anything nor reacted to his touch and stood there numb, he pulled back and looked at her worried.

“Dhara? Jaana say somethi-”

“You were right.”

He heard her meek whisper. Her eyes were unfocused and she looked lost and pale.

“Huh?”

“Aap sahi keh rhe the Kabir. It was me. I has always been me. Meri wajah se aap abhi tak papa nhi ban paaye. My body-my body is not strong enough to carry your child. Mummyji sahi thi. You should get-get married to Niharika. Wo aapko wo sab de skti hai jo mai nhi de skti.”

Kabir looked at her shocked. What she was she speaking about? Before he could comprehend she continued mumbling and walking away from him.

“Sab thik ho jaayega. Mere jaate hi sab thik ho jaayega. You could marry Niharika and be a father finally. Mummyji would get a grandchild and Karan would get a niece or nephew to pamper and play with. All this with just me gone. With just me gone.”

She continued whispering those words making Kabir go numb. She walked like a lost person and locked herself in the bathroom. Kabir's eyes fell on the file she was carrying. Which now lay on the floor.

He cursed reading its contents and banged his fists on the washroom door prompting her to open up.

“Dhara baby! It's not your fault, jaana. Come out and we'll sort it out. Dhara don't do anything reckless baby please. Open the door Dhara.”

He could hear the tap running. What was she doing. When he didn't hear any reply for a few seconds, neither could he hear any movements inside, panic clawed his chest and he shouted.

“Dhara if you don't open the door right now, I'll break in at the count of 3.”

Still no reply. Not waiting anymore, he broke the door and entered in panting and huffing looking for her.

His eyes went towards the bathtub which was leaking water due to the running tap and he felt his knees give up. No! No it couldn't be what he was thinking. She wouldn't do that.

With shaking steps, he moved closer to the bathtub only for his blood to run cold when he saw the scene before him.

There she laid! His wife, his life, his Dhara. Motionless inside the water. Her face pale and lifeless. He couldn't have lost her, could he? No! How would he ever live if anything happened to her?
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️