7.1.1

1) This is not a romance story.

It's about a brother and a sister.

A brother who had hurt his sister so much that she doesn't want to have anything to do with him.

A sister who has had enough.

And now, he grovels. Will she forgive him and give him another chance?
**************************************
Deepika stepped out of her room to check what the voices were. Her eyes widened seeing her brother's state.

He was drunk and stumbling around tripping over things.

“Bhaiya?”

She called softly. Deepak looked up making Deepika flinch and take an instinctive step back. His eyes were bloodshot red and he was glaring at her. His face contorted in an expression that screamed annoyance.

“What!?”

He snapped while trying to get up. Deepika gulped and asked him about dinner to which he looked at her even more frustrated.

“Get lost!”

Deepika looked at him wide eyed. Maybe she shouldn't even be so shocked. But she knew she could never get used to this behaviour of his even if it continued forever.

She took a step towards him to help him till his room. But just as her hand touched his, he swatted it away as if disgusted by it and yelled at her face.

“Don't! Don't fucking touch me again. I am fine on my own. I don't need anyone.”

He somehow stumbled towards his room leaving Deepika standing there with tears shining in her eyes.

She ran to her room and fell on the bed crying. Her brother wasn't always like this. Infact he loved her immensely.

But then everything changed. It had been almost a decade, about 9 years of their mother's death. 9 years since he changed. 9 years since everything changed. Since she lost her bhaiya. Now, he was just a stranger living with her.

She didn't know what he did, where he went, what kind of people he hung out with. The only relationship they have left now is of blood. A namesake relationship. She doesn't know anything else about him and he doesn't bother knowing about her.

She still remembers how caring he used to be towards her.

Deepika was 5 years old and Deepak had just turned 10. He was doing his homework when he heard soft sniffs followed by the crying voice of his sister.

“Bhaiya!”

She cried and ran into his arms sobbing. He looked at her panicked.

“Deepu? Kya hua hai? Shh! Aise kyu ro rhi ho? Bhaiya ko bataogi nhi?”

She sniffed and looked at him with tears still running down her big doey eyes.

“Mela-mela plincess clown toot gaya.”

She hiccuped and he sighed in relief. He thought she'd hurt herself somewhere.

“Bas itni si baat ke liye itna saara ro di? Laao mai abhi jod deta hu. Kaha rakha hai?”

“Aap jol doge? Sachi?”

She asked with hope twinkling in her glassy eyes. Her wet lashes made him want to pinch her cheeks. Which he did and whispered.

“Haan! Chalo ab lekar aao yaha. Aur mummy se feviquick bhi maang laana.”

His mother had taught him how to use feviquick because of his project so he knew it now.

Deepika ran to her mother enthusiastically and got everything Deepak asked for. He then sat cross legged on the floor and examined the pieces of the crown. Deepika sat beside him concentrating on whatever he was doing and looking at the process very excitedly.

It took him two hours to get the crown back into its original place but the toothy grin, happy squeal and tight hug she gave him was worth the two hours.

He kissed her forehead and ruffled her hair as she ran to her mother giggling and showing her what her bhaiya did for her.

Deepika smiled at the memory. Such was his love for her. He could do anything for her smile. And now! She sighed and closed her eyes trying to get some sleep and distract herself, trying to make it all seem like a dream.

Things were pretty much the same as it has been since the past 9 years. Deepika would wake up, freshen up and get ready for work. She would then make breakfast for both of them, which Deepak would have without a word and leave for God knows where. She would then lock the house and proceed to her work.

Today was also the same. Deepika was making breakfast while Deepak was sprawled on the couch massaging his head. She sighed knowing he must have pulled an all nighter again with his useless friends.

She was lost in thoughts that she didn't notice when the knife sliced through the skin of her thumb making it bleed. She hissed and put her thumb in her mouth to soothe the shooting pain as tears formed in her eyes. She was never good with cuts and injuries.

She took out a bandaid and tried putting it on but couldn't do it on her own.

“Bhaiya! Ye laga do please. Mujhse nhi ho raha.”

She called Deepak while still trying to put it on. Deepak looked at her annoyed. His head was already hurting and she was irritating him too. First the noises of the appliances in the kitchen and now this.

“What are you? A kid? Ye chhoti chhoti choto (injuries) pr rone ki aadat kab jaayegi tumhari? Grow up Deepika!”

Saying that he stormed out of the house making tears fall down her eyes. What had she even done to him that he was behaving this way? Throwing the bandaid she too moved out of the house after locking it.

Her appetite was lost and her mood even worse. And on top of that she couldn't talk to anyone about it. Deepika never had any friends. For her it was always her bhaiya who was her friend, savior, a father figure and the best brother in the world.

“Why? Why are you doing this bhaiya? After maa, you're the only one I have. Please God, please return my brother to me.”

She cried and pleased, not wanting to lose the only family she had left. After Deepika turned 22 and started working, their step-father left India to settle abroad.

They never knew anything about their biological father for he was never in picture. So after their mother's demise and step-father’s departure, it was only Deepak and Deepika. But it seemed like he too didn't want her anymore.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️