7.1.9

Deepika couldn't leave the moment and walked out.

“Is there any woman you've not hurt because of your behaviour?”

She jibed and he fell to his knees crying. Okay! She did not expect this reaction.

“The only women I ever cared about my whole life, I couldn't even treat them right. You were right Deepu. I'm an asshole. I don't deserve any of you. I deserve all the pain. Lekin ab saha nhi jaa rha yaar.”

He cried keeping his hands on his knees without caring about how unmanly he would look at the moment.

Deepika felt her heart ache for him.

“She wasn't wrong you know. I have hurt her a lot. I've only visited her when I was drunk or when I was so frustrated that I drank in front of her and she'd just let me do whatever I wanted-”

“I don't want the details.”

He nodded and wiped his tears.

“I don't even know if she's ever going to forgive me after this. I don't know if you are ever going to forgive me.”

Deepika looked away not being able to see him like this.

“There is still hope that everything will get better again.”

She whispered after a few minutes and his head snapped up at her. He looked at her with his eyes so bright with hope that she felt like running into his arms and hugging him tight until they forgot their differences.

“You-you’ll forgive me?”

“If she forgives you. And you'll ask for it because you want to. Not because you want to earn my apology. If I get to know you've hurt her again because of your selfishness, I'll never see your face again.”

Deepika said with determination in her voice.

Deepak got up and nodded, wiping his face.

“I'll do that. It might take time to earn her trust but I'll do it. And I'll bring her home for dinner then. Thank you Deepu! For giving me this chance.”

Deepika nodded not knowing what else to say. They stood in silence for some time before she heard his nervous voice.

“You think she'll give me another chance?”

Deepika thought for a moment and then said.

“I don't know what exactly you had with her, but I know one thing. If a girl is trusting you with something so intimate, it's either of the two things. One, she has feelings for you, really strong ones. Or two, she likes sleeping around. I don't think she's the second kind.”

“She is not!”

“There! That means she has at least some feelings for you. There's a chance.”

Deepak stood there thinking hard. Finally looking up at her with a determined expression he said.

“I have done a lot of wrongs till now. It's time to make them all right.”

Deepika smiled seeing him making an effort. She told Chirag everything that happened.

“I'm happy as long as you are. And I know his love and care makes you happy. It's ok, Deepika. He's your brother. He loves you and you love him. I know what he had been doing since years will not be compensated with a few months. Lekin if we keep playing this game, you'll never be at peace in life. Life is all about forgiving, forgetting and moving on. I am not asking you to forgive him right now. Let him work for it. He deserves that much pain. But do it eventually. For his happiness and for yours.”

“You know in a way I am thankful for what he did. Kyunki if his behaviour wouldn't have chamged, I would never have got together with you. And I would have missed some very important and amazing moments of life.”

Things went pretty much smooth after that.

As Deepak had expected, Vanshika took some time to trust him again but Deepika's theory proved right. She did have feelings for him. Very strong ones at that.

The day he invited her over dinner to introduce her officially to Deepika, she too called Chirag and made him and Deepak meet officially.

Let's just say Deepak's brotherly instincts took over whenever Chirag got too close to Deepika and he glared at the man who was too lost in his girl to even notice it.

Vanshika enjoyed the funny exchange between her man and the other one who was just two oblivious.

What amused her was how wildly he reacted when Deepika went to see Chirag off out of the house and he saw him kiss her.

She had to physically restrain him from pouncing on Chirag.

In short, the dinner event was good. Everyone enjoyed themselves-err-apart from some people.

It was a few weeks after the dinner, Deepak woke up and reached the kitchen to make breakfast but saw Deepika already doing it.

“Hey? Why are you up so early? Tu baith, I'll do it.”

“It's fine. It's almost done anyway. Freshen up mai table set kr rhi hu.”

She answered, a little distracted. Deepak took a step forward shaking his head and countered.

“Nope! I'm helping. You've made it, I'll set the table then.”

“Arre it's fine bhaiya. Just go and wait. Aa gyi mai bas.”

She didn't realise he froze midstep. When she turned to look at him her smile turned into a frown seeing him look at her wide eyed.

“Are you okay?”

“Wh-what did you call me?”

“Huh?”

She tilted her head in confusion. It took her some moments to realise she had called him bhaiya after a long time.

She'd stopped calling him that since her outburst and she hasn't called him that since almost 7 months now.

Listening to her call him bhaiya after a long time brought tears in his eyes.

He did not waste another second and engulfed her in a tight hug and cried keeping his head on her shoulder.

“I am sorry Deepu! I am sorry bacha. Please forgive me princess. I am really sorry.”

She felt her own eyes tear up and rubbed his back.

“I-I forgive you bhaiya.”

He squeezed her tighter and held her for some more time before kissing her forehead.

She gave him the cute smile she used to when they were kids and he chuckled, flicking her forehead, just like old times.

They knew things wouldn't get normal at once. But they were reaching there slowly. For Deepak would never want to lose her again. Ever again.

And Deepika knew how to put him in his place if he stepped out of line.

Life wasn't perfect. But it was good. And they'd make it the best for them.
**************************************
The story is over. Hope you enjoyed it.

Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️