Chapter 33: Lovesick

~~~~~~~~~~
{LOVESICK}
~~~~~~~~~~
______________________________________
♡♥♡♥♡

Emerging out of the shadows, Cassius hesitated at first but after a little pep talk of self motivation to gain more confidence, he mustered up the courage to confront the two people sitting at their couch, seeming to be talking about something incessant.

Carter noticed him approaching and jerked up in surprise, hands subconciously flying out to protect his mother if need be. Sophia was taken aback by her son's sudden change in demeanour. She opened her mouth to ask him what was wrong but Cassius interrupted her before she could follow through.

"I-I am really sorry for intruding! I know I shouldn't have just appeared inside your house like this! Oh my, this is so rude and mannerless of me! Stupid Cassius, what is wrong in your-"

"Relax, honey. It's okay... Breathe.." Sophia's soft voice reached the shadow's ears, halting his embarassed babbling. Cassius' face burned in shame as he looked down at his feet.

"Sorry, I-"

"Is (Y/N) okay? Why are you here?" Carter got up to stand in front of the shadow, eyes narrowed in concern for the girl he considers as his sister.

Cassius looked up, answering in a frenzy, "Y-yes! She is fine! She had just asked me to come to the town to see if you both were alright?" Cassius quickly explained, not wanting them to be worried for a wrong idea.

Both Carter and Sophia's eyes softened as they felt touched by (Y/N)'s concern for them.

"My baby..." Sophia's eyes glistened,  the feeling of separation from the girl who is so like a daughter to her was eating her from the inside. She missed her daughter a whole too much.

"And these stupid people think that a lovely girl like her is a threat to this town." Her eyes angered as bitterness settled in. The foolishness of her townspeople was the reason her daughter was away from her and Sophia hated it.

Carter gritted his teeth in frustration. This was the longest he had stayed away from (Y/N) ever since they were little and he was constantly worried for her wellbeing. There were often times when she'd not take care of herself and acquire the dumbest of injuries. Even going as far as forgetting to eat her food in all her daily chores.

Was she eating properly at times now? And he hoped to the depths of his heart that the silly girl was taking care of herself.

After what happened with Jenna as he had gotten to know from Mr. Richards, he could have only imagined how hard it must have been for her. Oh and how desperately he had just wanted to run into that forest to console her and himself about their best friend's death as he held her in his arms but was forced to stay back by his history teacher.

"She'll be fine now. You need not go back and remind her of the horried death she had witnessed." Was what he was told by Damon.

Carter was left broken after receiving news of Jenna's death. Somehow with both Sophia and Damon by his side, he had managed to come to terms with the excruciatingly difficult thought of never being able to see the girl again.

"Tell (Y/N) that we're both okay and she should just focus on taking care of herself. I'll bring her back to her home soon." Carter promised, unknowingly striking something in the Shadow's heart.

Bring her back to her home soon?

'But... I don't want her to leave us... Not now.. Not ever.....I don't want to lose her...'

The heartwrenching image of the Charmer kissing his human girl replayed in Cassius' mind. He frowned, being consumed by the similar feeling of heartache as he had experienced before.